• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Adjustable flow circulation pump

Alex C

Can anyone recommend a half decent circulation pump that has the option to adjust the flow rate and doesn't cost the earth?

I am look for something to put on when my Co2 kicks in to help ensure a good distribution however I want to be able to regulate it as is a bow front corner and not narrowed down how much I actually need (given the shape it doesn't just go from one side to the other and want to avoid a whirlpool if possible, would probably look good but doubt the fish would be too keen!)

I came across this while searching but not sure as it might spend its entire life on the lowest setting.

The tank is 165L (water volume after substrate etc) and currently running a Eheim 350 and it bar which does have the water moving throughout the entire tank, but I don't think it's quite got enough gusto!

Thanks in advance

@Alex C You can cover the outlet of the pump with stocking cloth/netting of desired grade or very coarse foam to reduce its flow.

You can replace with a smaller impeller of the next lower model if the company sells it. I changed my HOB impellers of the next lower model to reduce the flow rate.

I might try the foam /sock idea to start, sounds like my sort of solution !

Thanks

Back