• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

External pump

Parablennius

Afternoon All
right, a bit of an experiment going on here, so I'm looking for an external water pump. 1k /1.5k litres per hour, must be near silent as the tank's 2 feet from my chair, looking for lowest wattage per throughput. Needs to be external and as vibration free as possible. Spotted a few possibles but does anyone have any recommendations?
TIA
cheers

Nope, pump only. Take from tank, over weir, through large HFM, return to tank. so pump only. Filter would be easier but why pay for some load of plastic you don't need? Looking for something like a powerhead that can be mounted outside of tank. Reasons later;)
TIA
Cheers

Jecod pumps are worth a look at as a multi purpose internal/external type pump which has adjustable flow, low wattage and very quiet from experience; whether one suits your exact requirements I don't know.

You will be lucky to find a silent cheap external pump but there are some very good ones available if you can justify the cost.
Best place to look is at marine systems sump pumps but personally I use a central heating pump with an aqua turn conversion .
Quite cheap to set up and silent but at 40w quite expensive to run.

try the JECOD adjustable speed pumps, i have had some and they are not that bad

Back