• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Woodland Troll - Take Four

Looks great tim love the hardscape and as said love the gravel and sand, looking forward to following this.

Dean

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

49561931973_9a341c5772_b.jpg
Ooof!......:clap:
I think everything else has already been said.

Haha...I see a troll, as described in my opening post. Marcel thinks it looks like a 'spooky tentacle monster'. That's what I love about using complex natural hardscape it just comes to life.
Seeing faces and animals etc in inanimate objects is a phenomenon known as pareidolia and is just a part of being human. so don't worry none of you are going mad :)

Anyway, I've had a bit of a mare. The scape slipped over sideways; I knocked it whilst I was attaching moss to some of the branches. I thought it was really stable but obviously I was wrong :meh:

It was nigh on impossible to correct with all the sand in the tank and then the polystyrene base snapped in two, so I've had to take everything out and start again. And I knocked several little roots off in the process :arghh:

I've glued it back together and this time I've used even more silicon. It really is more like model making than scaping, especially at the moment. For now I've wrapped the moss in clingfilm. I'll reset and plant up over the next few days :rolleyes:

49566178632_2351f9448a_b.jpg

49565451258_f22bd1fa5f_b.jpg

Ahh what a nightmare better now than later i suppose, i have never glued hardscape etc but if want intricate and great layouts as this i will need to learn haha, looking forward to seeing it planted mate.

Dean

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

In the future, you can use original gorilla glue. Once it dries it’s completely inert and non toxic. I used it to glue my stubborn driftwood to rock and it is ON THERE. The rock was a good 7lbs and I pulled the wood up with the rock as if they were always one piece. A little goes a very long way.

Anyway, I've had a bit of a mare. The scape slipped over sideways; I knocked it whilst I was attaching moss to some of the branches. I thought it was really stable but obviously I was wrong :meh:

It was nigh on impossible to correct with all the sand in the tank and then the polystyrene base snapped in two, so I've had to take everything out and start again. And I knocked several little roots off in the process :arghh:

I've glued it back together and this time I've used even more silicon. It really is more like model making than scaping, especially at the moment. For now I've wrapped the moss in clingfilm. I'll reset and plant up over the next few days :rolleyes:

49566178632_2351f9448a_b.jpg

49565451258_f22bd1fa5f_b.jpg

Shame when things like this happen. Bet abit of swearing occured!

Bet abit of swearing occured!
Strangely no, just quiet resignation, and then just getting on with what's needed to get back on track...
...well okay then, maybe just a little swearing :D

Suppose these things happen at times, just very frustrating at the time when you get things done the way you want and then something like this happens. glad you've managed to sort it though.

Back