• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

T5 combo

Neil Munro

Seedling
It's time to replace my 1047mm T5 tubes in my Juwel Vision 260 and I'm wondering which combo to go for. Obviously I want the best of all worlds but plant growth is probably the most important with fish colours next.

I may think about replacing the unit with and LED unit next time round but for now I'm going to stick with the T5's.

Why are you changing the tubes ? Generally they should last year's before light output falls.

My 4 year old Arcadia Juwel length tubes appear little different in brightness than the replacement after I broke one.

Oh, and Juwel light electronic ballasts are NOT compatible with LED tubes, so not a simple swap out.

They are about 4 years old. I have read that I should change them every year. I don't plan on doing that but I do think my tank isn't as bright as it could be. It also looks a bit yellowish.

I know I can't just swap over the T5 tubes for LEDs and I'm a bit hesitant to spend the money on the LED replacement bar as it seems very basic for the price. I have seen conversion sets on YOU TUBE, I may look to go down that route if I can get my head round it.

Back