• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Broken "special style" neo diffuser

Sammy Islam

So i've had the worst luck in the last 24h :lol: Yesterday was tank maintenance day and i thought i would clean my new "special style" neo diffuser. So filled up a mug with warm/hot tap water and squirted some easycarbo in there and left the diffuser to soak while i do maintenance like i normally do with the "normal style" version. Half way through and i hear some abnormal bubbling and check the diffusers to realise the "special style" had broken. The disc had started to separate from the acrylic and while investigating the disc pretty much popped off into my hand :thumbdown:

So had to drive to aquarium gardens to get a new diffuser in the normal style, on the way home some how the glass in my wing mirror flew off :banghead: then to top that off, i've got home and while attaching the new diffuser i broke the little glass U-bend :banghead:

On a positive note i emailed aquasabi about the broken diffuser last night and they have already emailed back saying they will send a replacement tomorrow. :)

IMG_20200209_213942.jpg

Hi all
some how the glass in my wing mirror flew off
Snap (literally) same thing happened to me Friday night, I've never had it happen before in ~40 years of driving.

No cars anywhere near me, just heard a noise like a wine glass breaking in the distance, looked down at the driver side wing-mirror and the glass had gone.

cheers Darrel

Snap (literally) same thing happened to me Friday night, I've never had it happen before in ~40 years of driving.

No cars anywhere near me, just heard a noise like a wine glass breaking in the distance, looked down at the driver side wing-mirror and the glass had gone.

cheers Darrel

Haha glad it's not just me! I did notice a flash of light when it flew off and but didn't think anything of it until i needed to use the mirror :lol:

Heard some rumors, that the new flat "special" design have had a lot of issues. So much that the manufacturer have stopped the supply for now.

Hope you have more luck with the new one. Old design were practically indestructible

Oh that's not good news, what other issues have you heard about? Maybe that's why they replied so quickly agreeing to replace it. :lol:

I was very surprised, i've been cleaning the old style diffuser for years in the same way with no problems, so was so random when it broke! Hopefully the new one doesn't fail, as it definitely looks much better! I have the old style large diffuser in there, looks so clunky! :lol:

Oh that's not good news, what other issues have you heard about? Maybe that's why they replied so quickly agreeing to replace it. :lol:

I was very surprised, i've been cleaning the old style diffuser for years in the same way with no problems, so was so random when it broke! Hopefully the new one doesn't fail, as it definitely looks much better! I have the old style large diffuser in there, looks so clunky! :lol:

Issues with people breaking the 'bend' type and especially the ceramic discs detaching. This was allegedly straight from the manufacturer in Korea, I believe they're looking to improve build quality before continuing

Issues with people breaking the 'bend' type and especially the ceramic discs detaching. This was allegedly straight from the manufacturer in Korea, I believe they're looking to improve build quality before continuing

Ordered one Yesterday from aquasabi....Hope it won't fail

Aquasabi were great, i got my new diffuser within a couple of days! Haven't hooked it up though, still using the normal large neo diffuser. Will attach the new one when i do another trim.

Just dip it in a carbo solution for a couple of minutes. Kills of whatever algae that might've attached. Less toxic to the tank than bleach as well

That's what i basically do, mug of warm water and a squirt of easy carbo. But may have been too hot this time or the new style diffusers are not as well made as the old style because i've never had a problem with my old one.

Hi,

Just got mine from Aquasabi and I very disappointed, shouldn’t have listen to those insta/YouTube self claimed ’pro aquascaper’;

first, bending this thing properly around the tank is a pain in the a**...and it does get black even with a flame at 2-3cm below the tube...Awful result on mine::facepalm: but that doesn’t bother me that much...:D

200227034123817891.jpg

Then comes the very annoying hissing noise, ridiculous, my co2 art bazooka is totally silent. Strange enough, none of the selfclaimed pro talk about that...:sour:

And finally the whole quality is low (glue patches under the ceramic for example) and the bubbles aren’t as fine as you would like:

200227034127932758.jpg

Sorry for the bad language but I’m very angry and can’t even return it because I burned it. can’t believe I lost 22bucks for this piece of crap.:thumbdown::facepalm:

Not good to hear. I haven't hooked my replacement up, i'm not sure if i will as the glueing seems pretty shoddy. The disc is also smaller than the original large version and i don't want to mess with my co2 as things are going well so far.

I do have the hissing using the old and new style, but i'm running a lot of co2, thought that was normal.

Not good to hear. I haven't hooked my replacement up, i'm not sure if i will as the glueing seems pretty shoddy. The disc is also smaller than the original large version and i don't want to mess with my co2 as things are going well so far.

I do have the hissing using the old and new style, but i'm running a lot of co2, thought that was normal.

just try the co2 art bazooka, it may be bulky but never had an more efficiency and more silent one that this...

Will the neo co2 art need some time to ‘settle in’ and then It will do finer bubbles and get more silent ?

I mean, don’t get me wrong, I love the look of it but I just can’t keep it if it’s not as good as my beloved ugly co2 art.

Did you soak it for for a while before using it? I think the instructions were to soak the new ones for 10-15min and the old ones for 30min before using.

Did you soak it for for a while before using it? I think the instructions were to soak the new ones for 10-15min and the old ones for 30min before using.

Actually no, as they weren’t any instructions about that in the box?

I’ve decided to let it run for 24hours and see if it gets better tomorrow...

No instructions in/on the box, but the instructions on aquasabi pretty sure they said something like 10mins. But the old style version on aquarium gardens says something like 30mins from what i remember. Not sure if it actually makes a difference but i would say leave it in there, the bubbles should get smaller by tomorrow as it's being used and soaked.

No instructions in/on the box, but the instructions on aquasabi pretty sure they said something like 10mins. But the old style version on aquarium gardens says something like 30mins from what i remember. Not sure if it actually makes a difference but i would say leave it in there, the bubbles should get smaller by tomorrow as it's being used and soaked.

so, I’ve to say that the bubbles are finer today, that’s an good thing, my mistake for not soaking it.

it’s still make hissing noise though.

I still think that at this price point, this whole DIY ‘bend it by burning it yourself’ is an bad idea (why not selling this already bend in different size?) and the noise can be annoying

@Sammy Islam , did you had better luck that me when bending it?.

As it still looks good and seems effective, I’ll keep it and see how it goes in the long term!

cheers

so, I’ve to say that the bubbles are finer today, that’s an good thing, my mistake for not soaking it.

it’s still make hissing noise though.

I still think that at this price point, this whole DIY ‘bend it by burning it yourself’ is an bad idea (why not selling this already bend in different size?) and the noise can be annoying

@Sammy Islam , did you had better luck that me when bending it?.

As it still looks good and seems effective, I’ll keep it and see how it goes in the long term!

cheers

No i didn't get the bendy version as i knew i would screw it up, instead i bought a little glass u-bend which i've already broken too :lol::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I've only ever used the neo diffusers, they've always hissed for me, i thought that was normal?

Back