• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New Chihiros RGB Vivid - looks VERY promising

Is it possible that you could measure the DB rating with an app on your phone?

I have the VIVID up and running for a DSM and yogurt method combo... :D Hope it turns out well.

Still interested in a DB measure on the VIVID 1?

It’s arrived!!! The quality is excellent, the fan is super quiet (there is only one fan), the light...the light is blindingly bright :)

E3D1B86C-41EF-44A3-862F-8E0B96EBAB66.jpeg 6FD79B0A-9245-4A77-8282-3B91BD669FCC.jpeg

oh the black does look nice..............but I do like my silver one as it doesn't stand out too much :crazy:

oh the black does look nice..............but I do like my silver one as it doesn't stand out too much :crazy:

I prefer black but that's just a matter of taste, it matches with my room decor. ;)

Can I ask where you ordered it from @CooKieS
And how much you paid please mate

Cheers
J

Sure, from China seller on aliexpress, it was about 285€ shipped. I have great hopes, let's see how it performs.

The colour is just as good as in the photos and just like the ADA solar lights you see on green aqua. I’m very pleased with the light and the build quality.

So got it, and impressed so far...

Pros:
-price
-settings (each colors , power, sunset...)
-sleek looking and good finish on it

Cons:
-laggy BT app
-one fan but noisy (think as an loud filter pump)

Here's some shots under it, the colors rendition is on par with the ada solar but with the ability to tweak colors as you want to.

200118022602504523.jpg

200118022556226304.jpg

200118023210225112.jpg

I will make another review after some weeks but very happy for now!

^^ Great pics as always CookieS!

Can anyone advise how to tell the difference (and indeed, what is the difference) between the Vivid 1 and Vivid 2?

Is it just the cooling reducing from two fans to one, or is there something else?

Last edited:
^^ Great pics as always CookieS!

Can anyone advise how to tell the difference (and indeed, what is the difference) between the Vivid 1 and Vivid 2?

Is it just the cooling reducing from two fans to one, or is there something else?

Cooling reduced to one fan and sleek profile, better suspension too. That´s all

Seems less pricey too :)

Cooling reduced to one fan and sleek profile, better suspension too. That´s all

Seems less pricey too :)

Thanks man - I buckled the other day and ordered one, as I just don’t think my Fluval Plant is quite punching down to the substrate level, plus the Fluval itself is very narrow so some of my stems at the rear get quite leggy - I’m hoping the increased width and spread from the Vivid will help that, even though I’ll aim to keep overall light levels the same.

Hi there,

I found a way to reduce the noise from the vivid 2 to near silence;

Just remove the 3 screws between the fan and the chassis, those are the cause of the buzzy noise. The fan itself is very silent. Works like an charm! :)

Back