• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Thanks mate, appreciate that, not so well maintained but it doesn't show...yet. :)

Ah! Sorry I feel your pain. :D

One week after putting the vivid 2.0 from chihiros, the results are already Stunning;

Rotala h´ra:

200123105251889371.jpg

Rotala rotundifolia:

20012310525164572.jpg

Rotala colorata:

200123105250694805.jpg

Hygrophila Pinatifida:

200123105252239950.jpg

And my fav troublemaker:

200123105252788380.jpg

Cheers
Hi
How you doing? The new light is very impressive very nice colour. I would love to see that next to the ada rgb.

Cheers
Ryan

Fine, thanks Ryan :)

My guess is that the Chihiros is on par with the Ada solar RgB , just a matter of choice and budget. ;)

But I've actually closed my account...social network are definitively an big loss of Time and knowledge...ukaps and forum is where I learn things...insta is just good for ads. Peace.

Truth :cool:

Scape looking awesome under the new lighting @CooKieS nice upgrade :thumbup:

Truth :cool:

Scape looking awesome under the new lighting @CooKieS nice upgrade :thumbup:

Thanks Geoffrey,yes that Upgrade was necessary and will still serve me if one day I get an bigger tank. :)

Thinking of taking the final pic of this scape in aprox. 3 weeks as it's getting hard to control....left side still needs some tweaking but I think the cave is ready;
200127022936325469.jpg

Cheers

Hi there,

I found the the way to reduce the noise from my chihiros vivid to near silence, the 3 screws that are fixing the Fan to the chassis where too tight and thus transmetting vibration from the fan to the chassis. The fan itself is Totally silent. So I removed the 3 screws and replaced them with some duck tape, works like a charm.:)

You could just screw them loose too, but if you want silence just remove them.

About the tank, I always had in the past 3 months some minor staghorn issues, it is getting worse, would love to get some help to get rid of it completely. Actually burning it with liquid carbon but it keeps coming back on hardscape and old leaves;

200203060536191300.jpg

200203060536553915.jpg

Thanks
Cheers
Thierry

Sorry to hear about the stubborn staghorn i cant be of any help woth that other than reducing lighting maybe but them reds are magnificent , hope u get sorted mate, wait for one of the more experienced chaps to help or post it in the algae section.

Dean

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Could it be related to the new light? Higher intensity maybe?

Staghorn is stubborn IME.
K

Already got this algae with my previous light but now that I got higher intensity, plants are growing faster and staghorn too...:)

I already tried to add more CO2, no effect. I'll start dosing less micros tomorrow...

Sorry to hear about the stubborn staghorn i cant be of any help woth that other than reducing lighting maybe but them reds are magnificent , hope u get sorted mate, wait for one of the more experienced chaps to help or post it in the algae section.

Dean

Don't worry,getting rid of algae is part of the fun of this hobby. :cool:
That´s the third aquascape I made in this 60p tank, and I always got some different kind of algae, even with the same gear...mystery of nature. :D

Already got this algae with my previous light but now that I got higher intensity, plants are growing faster and staghorn too...:)

I already tried to add more CO2, no effect. I'll start dosing less micros tomorrow...

Don't worry,getting rid of algae is part of the fun of this hobby. :cool:
That´s the third aquascape I made in this 60p tank, and I always got some different kind of algae, even with the same gear...mystery of nature. :D
I've also seen some staghorn in my 60 p recently. Not worse than spotdosing excel and removing infected leaves got rid of it. You could also try my low co2, low nutrient approach ;) Everything slows down then, including algae.

What's the thinking with dosing less micros?

I wanna see if this algae is fert related. ;)
I've also seen some staghorn in my 60 p recently. Not worse than spotdosing excel and removing infected leaves got rid of it. You could also try my low co2, low nutrient approach ;) Everything slows down then, including algae.

I'm actually pushing it to get the plants as red and bushy as possible for the final shot, after that I'll try your method, and then rescape. ;)

Reactions: JEK
Stunning plants.
I always found staghorn to be corrected with increased maintenance, although I barely say it with your tank as it looks to be very well maintained :oops: if you don’t open your filter up often for a deep clean maybe do this. Increased water changes and filter cleaning always rid staghorn in the past for me.

While I’m here, is there a link anywhere to the chihiros vivid 2 light?.....any retailers or information on sizes available and prices. Any information would be great.

cheerio,
Ady.

Stunning plants.
I always found staghorn to be corrected with increased maintenance, although I barely say it with your tank as it looks to be very well maintained :oops: if you don’t open your filter up often for a deep clean maybe do this. Increased water changes and filter cleaning always rid staghorn in the past for me.

While I’m here, is there a link anywhere to the chihiros vivid 2 light?.....any retailers or information on sizes available and prices. Any information would be great.

cheerio,
Ady.

Thanks Ady, I find out that my jbl e901 with the e902 head is getting dirty very quickly (maybe the foam is too fine or because of the big piece of Wood in this scape)? I'm now cleaning it once per month.

Actually 40% WC per week.

I'm now trying All in one ferts with less iron, and bazooka CO2 art instead of inline...we'll see.
:)

You can find infos on the vivid 2 on aliexpress and chihiros Facebook , I bought mine from seller ´teena aquarium ´. It´s an Incredible light for the price...just look at those colors. And after my mod on the fan it´s very silent.

This Shot of the scape, has a great sense of scale and very atmospheric. Can I pinch as a Desktop Please.

Of course, glad you like it, thanks . :)

Spotted an mama shrimp tonight, always an happy moment;

200205104352132208.jpg

Them shrimp are stunning and colours looking amazing

Looking good How you finding the in tank diffuser compared to inline ? Did you have to up the BPS co2 rate ?

Dean

Back