• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Will it help if I cut the inlet pipe down a bit???

Keetchy

So as you can see, the MC in the red zone haven't grown since I planted them whereas the rest of the MC has grown really well. Could this be because the inlet pipe is too low down so its sucking in the C02 before it can reach the plants? If I cut the pipe down a bit, will that help?

20200129_171157.jpg

20200129_214938.jpg

Hi, the most likely reason that its growing slower is because its the dark back corner in the shadow of the inlet pipe. Nothing to do with co2 I'd guess.

Id ignore it and let the carpet grow in.

K
Ah yeah ok. Good point. I suppose I could try sticking a sucker cup to the pipe and sticking it to the rear panel. That'll give a bit more light in that corner

Yeah it's just the shaded area I wouldn't cut the pipe down as it really helping flow across the bottom of the tank as for the mc it will cover and grow under there may just take a little longer to establish nothing to worrie about

J

Yeah it's just the shaded area I wouldn't cut the pipe down as it really helping flow across the bottom of the tank as for the mc it will cover and grow under there may just take a little longer to establish nothing to worrie about

J

Agree.

in the second photo you’ve turned the Eheim skim to face the spraybar.
I don’t think this is a good idea. The flow is battling each other if that makes sense. You’ll also batter the stems with it as it is now.

it was better how you had it before.

even better would be to place it along side the spray bar so all flow is going the same way. Preferably at the front so it won’t damage the stems!

Agree.

in the second photo you’ve turned the Eheim skim to face the spraybar.
I don’t think this is a good idea. The flow is battling each other if that makes sense. You’ll also batter the stems with it as it is now.

it was better how you had it before.

even better would be to place it along side the spray bar so all flow is going the same way. Preferably at the front so it won’t damage the stems!

Yeah I see your point. But i have watched the activity of the micro bubbles and having the Eheim facing this way actually helps. So the bubbles come out of the spray bar and are pushed down from the surface straight across the front of the wood, they hit the side panel then circulate round the back of the wood. With the help of the Eheim's flow, they reach the other side of the aquarium. I think it works because the spray bar isnt the full length of that side wall. Because of the filter's pipe coming into the tank and then the elbow and then a joining piece of hose, the first hole of the spray bar is actually 4 or 5 inches away from the back panel of the aquarium. So there is no "right to left" flow in the first 4 or 5 inches of the back of the aquarium. And that's where the Eheim comes in. That then covers the flow of the area where the spray bar doesnt cover.

If all of that makes sense :confused:o_O:crazy:

Back