• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Scissors for 60L tank

jkh13

What scissor length do people recommend for general purpose use in a 60L aquarium (60cmW 30cmD 36cmH)? Is shorter more useful since the tank is smaller? Looking to trim a HC carpet as well as some stem plants and moss.

I do find a small Spring Curved very useful for carpet even in my 500l

upload_2020-1-13_12-56-16.png

but for large carpet trimming a bigger wave type can be great also

upload_2020-1-13_12-58-27.png

The above get my seal of approval as well, I use both. For trimming HC, MC type plant carpets spring curved scissors are hard to beat for practicality. And wave scissors the same but for those hard to reach areas. If you only buy one, the wave scissors would be the best option; great for general trimming of stems etc as well.

The above get my seal of approval as well, I use both. For trimming HC, MC type plant carpets spring curved scissors are hard to beat for practicality. And wave scissors the same but for those hard to reach areas. If you only buy one, the wave scissors would be the best option; great for general trimming of stems etc as well.

What length wave scissors would you recommend for a 60L tank? I have the small ADA ones, would they be suitable?

Ah, I realised I actually bought the ADA short curved (180mm) scissors not the S curved (255mm) scissors by mistake :arghh:. I put up the short ones for trade or sale, hoping to get the S ones instead. I think the short might be a bit too short for the 60L tank.

Back