• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Is this too many plants for a co2 Fluval Roam 240 tank?

Box of Demons

Seedling
First time co2 user and a new tank set up, any comments or feedback on my plant suggestions? is this too many for a 240 tank? how many should i buy of each? I do not have a great knowledge when it comes to plants so any advice would be very appreciated.

Delicate Ammannia
straight vallis
giant red totala
spadeleaf plant
mexican oakleaf
dwarf helzine
glossostigma
hygrophilla
grassplant
undukate crptocoryne
echinodorus redflame
tiger lotus

I will be usung fluval straum as the substrate mixed with ferts and co2. I would like that beautiful carpet effect as well.

I'm not familiar with some of those common names for plants, spadeleaf, Mexican oakleaf, dwarf helzine or grass plant. You have some good stem plants that will be invaluable at soaking up excess nutrients as the tank matures plus some greedy feeders.
It's hard to say whether you have too many plants without knowing more about your scape plans tbh. If you wanted a jungle style scape for instance then you would need more plants than if you wanted a large carpet area, where you could simply spread the individual stems out more.

So if you give a bit more detail of where you want to go, perhaps with a tank image you'd like to take inspiration from, it would be easier for others to advise.

I am wanting a good carpeting plants and long plants that have lots of movement in the tank, I will be adding rocks and stones, but the long leaf plants here are perfect. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 16423175_970636086401964_1113399200136196551_o.jpg
    16423175_970636086401964_1113399200136196551_o.jpg
    544.3 KB · Views: 179
That kind of scape is called a jungle style tank. Tall plants like cryptocoryne balansae look great but they make it harder, simply due to shading, to have a nice neat carpeting plant like the glosso you listed originally. So if you are liking the heavy plant look then going for a lower growing crypt like parva, may suit your style better.
If you want a mixed scape with an area of higher plant growth then you could create an island type scape that would allow for a neatly trimmed carpet. Like this for example https://www.google.com/search?q=tri...ECA0QAQ&biw=1280&bih=800#imgrc=xselJGScbPxqgM

That kind of scape is called a jungle style tank. Tall plants like cryptocoryne balansae look great but they make it harder, simply due to shading, to have a nice neat carpeting plant like the glosso you listed originally. So if you are liking the heavy plant look then going for a lower growing crypt like parva, may suit your style better.
If you want a mixed scape with an area of higher plant growth then you could create an island type scape that would allow for a neatly trimmed carpet. Like this for example https://www.google.com/search?q=tri...ECA0QAQ&biw=1280&bih=800#imgrc=xselJGScbPxqgM

Yes I love those tanks. What plants should i be looking at, was mainly thinking of getting tropica plants delivered to work so i could then take them hone.

Back