• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

(NO MORE) 2,000L High tech BEAST

IMG-20191224-WA0001.jpg

Apologies for the acrylic.
Could have been cleaner!

Fil

That's some nice movement you've got in the plants, gently swaying in the breeze, makes for a really dynamic tank, very similar in appearance to natural flow. It's very relaxing to watch :)

Such an amazing scape, and a nice little crew of mowers you have to keep the pastures of moss growing nicely.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Such an amazing scape, and a nice little crew of mowers you have to keep the pastures of moss growing nicely

Thanks Gill!

I call the SAE "my little gardeners" they defo look like they tend to the pastures.
They do an amazing job with BBA, BUT they come with a serious downside - most mosses and more delicate plants dont survive their rough handling. Some of the casualties so far are - regular pogostemon, bolbitis difformis, flame moss and spiky moss.

Got the difformis, flame and spiky moss growing in a separate tank, hoping to grow enough to supply ebay.

Fil

Yes that can be a prob with those SAE. Which is a shame.

Oh and the fissidens has grown well enough o divide. And use in the new scale and has not affected the Bush. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

I never had much of a prob with my SAE but maybe that's why some scapers use young SAEs initially then rehome them Do a great job on biofilm

That's two males showing off, trying to intimidate each other, and to impress any nearby females. They don't usually take it any further than display, actual fighting rarely, if ever happens.

Nice one!

Love looking at them. Been at it for a few days now, always in the same spot.

Fil

Back