• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

HELP aquael ultra 2000 problem

Onoma1

Just rescaped my tank and the aquael ultra 2000 pump has stopped working. The power is on but it's not pumping water. Finished the scape at 12pm and then have been trying to find a solution since then ( it's now 3.00am).

The seals are fine, its clean, no blockages etc.

Does anyone know a service number in the UK for Aquael or know someone in the Manchester area that repairs pumps?

Onoma 1

https://www.aquael-aquarium.co.uk/

Sounds like it might be an air lock (the Eheim I used had a primer to remove this problem)

What to try make sure the filter is full and correctly set up.
Set it in position and try to syphon by sucking some water through the outlet tube.

Keith:wave::greenfinger:

Hi Keith, I have tried the siphon approach and pushing water through with a hose. It flows but won't pump!!!

The website doesn't have a customer support number, email nor registration page for the customer zone.

My worry is that my heater and co2 hang off the pump outlet.

You might locate a store or internet supplier of their products in the uk what deals with their range they often have better direct contact Are you still in guarantee?

I am still in guarantee, however, I bought it from a Polish site before they became available in the UK. I will call a few of the UK suppliers and see if they can help out.

Thanks for the support and responses. A nightmare night ...

Doesn't help in the short term for you but the guarantee got to be valid no matter were purchased Good luck also try the source of purchase

I contacted the Polish supplier with a copy of the receipt showing that it was still in warranty (they haven't responded). I found an e-mail address for Aquael (https://www.aquael.pl/kontakt/dzial-serwisu-reklamacji/ ) on what seems to be an old page and contacted them - they haven't responded.

Does anyone have an alternative e-mail address or contact details that they have used?

Thanks @sparkyweasel . I have e-mailed them without a response and I phoned them today and was put on hold (an automated system) and after hanging on for a while it disconnected.

The company that I bought it from has been back in contact and they said that they may be able to help put me in contact. It's such a shame that getting support is so difficult as the product itself is superb.

maybe try and contact them through social media? it's a good way to get a lot of companies to take notice these days, instagram, facebook and twitter might be an option if they are active on any of them

Yes, I posted out the 'lid' part of the pump and they sent me a new one by FedEx.

I made a mistake when by sending them the pre-filter and valves so they sent me a new set (again by FedEx). No charge.

Hi mate, mine stopped working after maintenance today...rotor is noisy and can’t pump enough flow , checked the impeller and it seems ok.... What was the exact issue on yours?

Hi mate, mine stopped working after maintenance today...rotor is noisy and can’t pump enough flow , checked the impeller and it seems ok.... What was the exact issue ors?

Hi mate, mine stopped working after maintenance today...rotor is noisy and can’t pump enough flow , checked the impeller and it seems ok.... What was the exact issue on yours?

They didn't tell me ...just replaced it.

Since then I have noticed that the pumps need filling up completely to work. I tend to leave mine filling for a while and shake it a few times to ensure that all the air is expelled.

Since then I have noticed that the pumps need filling up completely to work. I tend to leave mine filling for a while and shake it a few times to ensure that all the air is expelled.

I’ve to say that is very disappointing...looking for an oase biomaster to replace it :-/

After some investigations, it seems Aquael have sorted it by making an v2.0 impeller with 6 wings instead of 5 and some sort or system to avoid trapped air.

I’ve to fone them tomorrow for exchange as I bought the filter from Amazon last year (thanks @Onoma1 for giving us the number to contact them :)).

meanwhile I’ll need to find another filter in emergency...still hesitating to break the bank for an oase biomaster 600 or stay safe with an jbl1502

Seems we are many with this problem. Shame, this filter went from rising star to something I wouldnt recommend based on all these reliability issues. Nice specs doesnt matter if it stops randomly and its your only filter. Im struggling to get hold of Aquael now, maybe I will try the phone number.

Seems we are many with this problem. Shame, this filter went from rising star to something I wouldnt recommend based on all these reliability issues. Nice specs doesnt matter if it stops randomly and its your only filter. Im struggling to get hold of Aquael now, maybe I will try the phone number.

unfortunately I’ve to agree, my tank was just starting to find balance and now all my good beneficial bacteria are dead...yours stopped running too or just air bubbles trapped?

First issue was continual purging of air bubbles, then they sent me a new rotor (not the 6 fin one), then I had continous soft clicking noises, then it stalled trying start itself one day after maintenance despite me priming it and letting it fill with water, and it took me a good hour of fiddling and babying it to get it to run again. Now it struggles to run every now and then after maintenance, totally random. I shake and tilt it to no avail and there seems to be an impossible amount of air sloshing around in there. Its been purging bubbles again for two days now. It finally stopped when I was mumbling about throwing it out the window and getting an Eheim again.

It really struggles with air this filter, thats the achilles heel. I will try completely filling it with water after next maintenance, but it is ridiculous if it needs it when it has a priming function, and it weighs a metric ton when full so im not thrilled about schlepping it around.

meanwhile I’ll need to find another filter in emergency...still hesitating to break the bank for an oase biomaster 600 or stay safe with an jbl1502

I can recommend the Oase units, I have two now. They have their foibles like most devices, and certain ways of doing things make life easier, but they have been reliable for me, and the prefilter is a godsend for maintenance.

Last edited:
Back