• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Basingstoke/Reading area

Rich1867

Hi guys,

Recently back in the hobby, can anyone in the same area recommend the best shops to visit locally. I'm currently near Hook and the biggest places close are Basingstoke/Reading. Just seen Aquajardin in Southampton is about 40 minutes away so will visit there soon but wondering if there is anything worth a visit closer?

Bordon maiden aquatics, and also Crowder's aquatics, closer than Southampton.

Thanks Harry, I just looked them up and it triggered the memory that I've actually been to the MA you suggested, albeit a longtime ago. Remeber it being at a garden centre and having a huge car boot sale out the front, but we'd forgot it had the MA there too.

Crowders looks a great shop too and a fantastic place, will definitely be visiting there in the near future.

As far as the MA goes, the Bordon one is the best. Yes, it is in country market garden centre. Make sure to check out newly scaped EA1500 there. Owner himself is an aquascaper too.

Crowder's is a much smaller and independent shop, run and owned by a couple called Shaz and Rocky, they are very friendly and helpful too. George Farmer scaped a tank there couple of months ago.

Another thumbs up for Crowders here, it's not a huge shop but they fit a lot in the space and have a super helpful attitude. I've been particularly impressed with their hardscape and blackwater supplies.

Back