• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Co2tablets

lurcher

can anyone advise on the efficiency or otherwise of using co2 tablets as a method of introducing co2 to planted aquarium? I read a lot of information on co2 but rarely on the tablets .are they a good way to go instead of other methods.i am thinking of using these as a source of co2 in a low light planted 60 gallon tank .any advice much appreciated. Thank you.

Not really effective, more a waste of money. If you like a cheap way that kinda works.

Take a look at this. :)

No Co2 is better than fluctuating Co2.
The whole point of having co2 in a tank is to get a reliable source of said gas , convenient, reliable and steady. .Tablets hardly tick any of these boxes.

In that light nothing beats pressurised Co2 in every aspect.

Hi Folks,

I have a Tropica System 60. I've used it a few times on a 15 litre tank and it is effective. If anyone buys one, don't be surprised if the small cylinder feels empty! I was almost ready to return mine thinking it was faulty but it was fine. I guess there's just a few grams of CO2 in the cylinder. The principle of operation is ingenious. Fill, or partly fill, the inverted plastic structure and allow CO2 to diffuse into the water. Probably expensive over time but OK for a few weeks/months on, say, a 15 litre tank.

JPC

Will the tropica system 60 be suitable for 200litre tank?

Not really, that would be a a tad too small. What might work in 200-litre volume is a 1,5-litre pet bottle upside down with the neck cut off.

I was almost ready to return mine thinking it was faulty but it was fine. I guess there's just a few grams of CO2 in the cylinder.

A way to find out if it's empty, pinch it gently, If you can press a dent in the cylinder its nothing in there anymore.
If you can't it still holds pressure. It's indeed filled with a few gram gasious CO². :)

A way to find out if it's empty, pinch it gently, If you can press a dent in the cylinder its nothing in there anymore.
If you can't it still holds pressure. It's indeed filled with a few gram gasious CO². :)

Hi @zozo

Thanks for the tip!

JPC

Back