• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Critique my hardscape 45 gallon critique

BrysonZheng

4af563ed0705c60680a15ee896d13b9a.jpg

Improvements I can make? Picture is a bit dim cause I don’t have the light on it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ilike it. Only suggestion would be to move the rock back left to right middl3 to balance out the scape more. You likely wont see it where it is now once the scape is planted. What are your planting plans?

Ilike it. Only suggestion would be to move the rock back left to right middl3 to balance out the scape more. You likely wont see it where it is now once the scape is planted. What are your planting plans?

Thank you. I’m not too worried about seeing that one, it’s really just meant to stabilize and secure the branch up there. I also did some more tweaking:
33dfae739d5804c89fb0dad4a1165d4f.jpg

For plants, I’m planning on a aponogeton in the left corner, some swords and crypts in the mid ground, java fern ‘trident’ near the base of the wood, and some kind of runner plant for ground cover (dwarf sword, chain sword, dwarf sag, hairgrass).

Bryson

Improvements I can make?

At first glance it looks over crowded and the smooth rocks are not interesting.

What can be done with what you have and possibly one large smooth rock.

LH side replace the back rock with the middle lock.

Front LH corner I would like to see a rock twice its size.

Front middle rock take it out.

All you can do is try these moves and see how it looks.

You will have to rely on the planting to give you plenty of interest.

Keith:wave::greenfinger:

Bryson

At first glance it looks over crowded and the smooth rocks are not interesting.

What can be done with what you have and possibly one large smooth rock.

LH side replace the back rock with the middle lock.

Front LH corner I would like to see a rock twice its size.

Front middle rock take it out.

All you can do is try these moves and see how it looks.

You will have to rely on the planting to give you plenty of interest.

Keith:wave::greenfinger:

I find I rather do like the crowded look, and multiple rocks, I’m planning on having them covered in green algae. I do hope the plants will add to this scape. This won’t be a “norm-conforming” scape as I will be utilizing some botanicals to replicate a more naturalistic setting. I wish I did have more rocks with varied sizes but alas, this is all I have.

I find I rather do like the crowded look, and multiple rocks
if that's what you personally like then go with that look. ;)
and some kind of runner plant for ground cover (dwarf sword, chain sword, dwarf sag, hairgrass).
Is that just going to be in what looks like sand throughout? - probably worth putting up your details/plans; size, lights, filtration and low/high tech etc.

Sorry, this’ll be a low tech tank.
Specs:
-45 gallon bowfront
-sand substrate supplemented with root tabs
-will have a canister filter, not sure what model yet
-LED floodlight (100w, 6500k)

Back