• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

*waves* hello

CuriousK

Seedling
So I got my brother a voucher for scaped nature in Norwich for Christmas and it seems like my Google bubble because 'contaminated' ;)with aqua scaping and planted aquarium. I'm interested in learning about keeping a small nano tank - 20l to 30l like the Aquel Shrimp set for some shrimps and possible a tiny fish or two. I'm a complete newb to this though, but been enjoying reading the various threads,. Just wondering what the etiquette is in posting what is probably yet another "where do I begin" post :(. Anyway Howdy!

There’s obviously a ton of reading to pursue :)
Check the individual forums for Sticky Threads (at the top of each sub forum) as these tend to include FAQ

Try to ask specific questions - and include personal goals/likes etc - so that the answers can be more directed

If you want fish (please don’t add a single lonely fish - most of the “tiny” fish species depend upon significant shoal sizes for “normal behaviour”) look at larger tank space for “swimming room”

Seriously Fish offers great fish species profiles
Green Neon Tetra

Micro rasbora list

Beta Acuarios have some nice kits ( :sorry: no idea on pricing)

Individual components generally require higher upfront costs, eg, I have a couple of these setups
ADA 30C
ONF flat Nano (amazing spectrum on this light, adjustable intensity - though I went with the + version as introductory price was only slightly more than the non bluetooth version)
Eheim Mini up

Check the individual forums for Sticky Threads (at the top of each sub forum) as these tend to include FAQ

Try to ask specific questions - and include personal goals/likes etc - so that the answers can be more directed

If you want fish (please don’t add a single lonely fish - most of the “tiny” fish species depend upon significant shoal sizes for “normal behaviour”) look at larger tank space for “swimming room”

Green Neon Tetra

Micro rasbora list

Individual components generally require higher upfront costs, eg, I have a couple of these setups
ADA 30C
ONF flat Nano (amazing spectrum on this light, adjustable intensity - though I went with the + version as introductory price was only slightly more than the non bluetooth version)
Eheim Mini up

Welcome!And yes I use seriouslyfish for fish profiles and aquasabi(preferred) or tropica for plant profiles.

Green Neon Tetra

Micro rasbora list

ADA 30C
Eheim Mini up

Thanks alto, a new brand and YouTube videos to peruse , I think I'll mostly be lurking till I work out what I want to ask specifically. Will remember the point about shoaling.

Back