• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

TMC Regulator and Solenoid

Monkfish

Hi,

I have just got a used TMC regulator and solenoid, which i am guessing is the TMC v2, but can't see that written anywhere on it.

It came with an empty Co2 by TMC bottle, but I am struggling to find anywhere that can exchange or refill it. My local MA only do KBL so would have to buy a new bottle.

It is a the CGA 320 version so would it probably be better to get a CGA to DIN adapter and get a small fire extinguisher which is easier to find refills for?

Thanks in advance

I'm fairly sure that's the same regulator I have hidden in my loft somewhere. I ran it with a fire extinguisher cylinder because it was a pain to get the tmc ones refilled locally. You can get tmc to refill them but you have to take them there (if you have a shop that regularly buys marines from there they can take it for you) but you really need two, so you still have co2 whilst you wait. It's why I just switched to FE as it was simpler.

That’s what I suspected.

Do I need the CGA320 to DIN converter to be able to use an extinguisher with it or that not the right thing to get?

Tbh I'm not sure as it's so long since I used it. I'm fairly sure it just fit out of the box but there might have been an adapter with it. Hopefully someone else will be able to help you out.

Back