• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

APF UK dry salts - out of stock?

Surya

I've been using the APF UK EI starter kit for the last 15 months and been very happy with it. When I've gone to buy refills for some of the things that are running out, it seems that they are out of stock of a huge amount of what they sell (all starter kits, all complete mix dry and in bottles, several individual salts etc). Does anyone know if this is just a temporary issue or is the supplier winding down?

If so, was thinking of giving TNC complete a try instead, any thoughts on this would be welcome.

Last edited:
They told me that they have stopped selling dry powders and are just selling solutions. You can buy "potassium" but they don't say what concentration it is.

Apologies, that was TNC not APF.
Easily confused at my age :(

Thanks! I have bookmarked and will get it from there if APF UK are still out of stock when I run out (I've got a couple of months left).

I hope APF UK are sticking around though.

Thanks! I have bookmarked and will get it from there if APF UK are still out of stock when I run out (I've got a couple of months left).

I hope APF UK are sticking around though.

I ordered a starter kit from APFUK a few weeks ago, no issues, it was delivered within a few days. Have you dropped him (John) a message through the contact form on the website? I did that, and also e-mailed directly. My e-mails didn't seem to get through, but the contact form of course did. I suspect AFPUK is literally just John, running it in his spare time, so there probably isn't enough time available to keep the website stock quantities up to date.

Thanks, I did email and hadn't heard back when I posted the thread - John has replied now though and said it's been an issue with getting a few salts, but they are hoping to have everything back in stock in January. So that's good news :)

I had the same issue. Wanted to order more salts but out of stock. I have bought salts from eBay. I’ve been meaning to ask if the salt is just the salt and if it will be aquarium safe. I got mgso4 as Epsom salts and kno3 potassium nitrate (saltpetre) as a food grade salt. Hoping to ensure all will be well before I mix it up and chuck it into the tank :eek::eek:

Hi all,Food grade is fine.

Cheers Darrel
Thanks Darrel, just saw your posts in another thread which answered the question. Just the Epsom salts which say 100% Epsom salts so should be good.

I've been ordering my mgso4 from here for the past year, much cheaper and I've found they dissolve better as well.

https://justasoap.co.uk/epsom-salt-fcc.html

Got bored of waiting for UKAPF to get stock of various salts so now buy from multiple other sources in bulk

Back