• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Very slow growing 53b

papa_c

Hey Guys,

First time I have used this plant and can't work out what the problem is with my 53b.

It is growing but extremely slowly. Started as tissue culture 2 months ago at the same time the H'ra to the right of or it and it is the slowest growing plan in the tank, my H.Pinnatifida grows faster....

Tank is high tech EA900, tropica soil powder. CO2 at 1.2 point drop, 2 x EI dosing. Filtered by 2 x Eheim pro 4s, lights on for 6.5 hours a day.

Arrow on the image shows the position of the 53b. An ideas what could be causing this?
20191127_161341.jpg

I think some in vitro plants can take a while to get going. As well as adapting to submersed life they often need to establish a root system first before putting on vegetative growth. It also looks like it's being crowded out a little by your rampant rotala, which maybe isn't helping.

Thanks for the input.

Could be spacing around the 53b the is a bunch of h. Vesuvius in front of it which I may remove to help

I don't think I'm lack fe as there are no signs of chlorosis in any of the plants from what is can tell.

As a pure experiment I'm tempted to syringe some EI solution into the soil under the 53b to see if it gives it a bit of a kick. Has anybody tried a similar trick, or is it a pointless exercise?

You could take one or two of the stems and replant them at different locations in the tank. Helps towards a process of elimination. They can always be put back later.

Back