• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Time for an update on this tank!

It's been a while, I made the mistake of planting the tank shortly before my GCSEs so I did let it slip a bit.

I have been battling a small cyanobacteria issue but I think I have it under control. It seems to mostly cling to the Gratiola viscidula. I'm planning to swap the background to Rotala H'ra and then put some Gratiola in place of the current Rotala. This way there will be more of a competitive plant mass as the Gratiola is quite a slow grower.

The carpet is doing quite well, especially considering it's the first I've grown. There is one section that was unhealthy due to a bad tissue culture being planted there. I have cut that section out and replanted it with some trimmings.

Still not sure about stocking but I'm thinking Celestial Pearl Danios, Sundadanio axelrodi or Microdevario kubotai

648d6d8a00a6d694b760719b3cd48822.jpg

Carpet pearling after a water change
e25137884b0cbdbb78f7fd9d7bb6b76a.jpg

I have added some Microdevario Kubotai however I have had a couple of jumpers so I will likely rehome them. Any ideas for more suitable fish? The flow in the tank is quite high for CO2 distribution.

Might sound a silly suggestion to you and maybe ethics will be questioned but if you're happy to live with a mesh screen for a while the fish could learn there's nowhere to jump to then remove the mesh screen and they could be fine. o_O

Might sound a silly suggestion to you and maybe ethics will be questioned but if you're happy to live with a mesh screen for a while the fish could learn there's nowhere to jump to then remove the mesh screen and they could be fine. o_O
I wish. My polypterus escaped through a tiny gap despite living in the tank for two+ years. Was always there then POOF they're both gone. Fish will jump given the chance :(

Tank is looking quite good now, there is still a bit of cyanobacteria on the Gratiola however I've been treating it with hydrogen peroxide which has seemed to help.

Full FTS taken on the nice camera:

View attachment 145821

Still needs some fish though...
That looks stunning, we need more updates about this one! Featured on the UKAPS Facebook Page :) 👏

Hi everyone, it's been a while

It's a very nice surprise to see my scape featured on the UKAPS facebook, thank you @LondonDragon !

Unfortunately during lockdown I ended up shutting down the tank as it was becoming too much to deal with. A disappointing end but I would say that it was successful, I had it running for nearly a year and it was looking very nice for a good while.

I'm sure that I will set up the tank again in the future, for the moment it is just sitting empty on its stand. For anyone interested, I'm selling the rocks and some of the CO2 equipment as I'm not planning to reuse them in the next setup

Oscar :)

Last edited:
Back