• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

(NO MORE) 2,000L High tech BEAST

Hi Fil, can I ask why you have transitioned from a tank that was becoming a jungle tank to one that looks more sparse and a moss factory? It's clear you get great moss growth but is this to help with the running cost, a way to keep everything nice an open, because you just wanted to go this direction or some other reason?
I think it's nice to see how tanks transition over time a d just wondering what your longterm plans are for such a great tank.

Hi Fil, can I ask why you have transitioned from a tank that was becoming a jungle tank to one that looks more sparse and a moss factory?

Hi Mort,

Its a mix of 2 reasons, space for moss was one, but the tank is sparse mainly because of a fert mess up I did back in june. The plants are only now recovering from it!

Fil

I think it's nice to see how tanks transition over time a d just wondering what your longterm plans are for such a great tank.

Not really have any concrete long term plans. However, it would be nice to have a jungle of plants again, that I can list on ebay and sell on a continuous basis, instead of just binning buckets at trim time!

It will take a while to grow, and feel out demand for each plant, so will take a while, like a rubiks cube :D

So far, fissidens and bolbitis sell regularily, hence half the tank is full of them. Should really list the java fern too, its growing out of control!

At the moment hoping that my bolbitis difformis settles, and grows so I can share that too!

Fil

Last edited:
Those Gyre 350 x2 do pack some punch and bring the tank to like with the flow they produce, what setting was they on in the vid? it does look too much fish seem to enjoying the flow and the movement of the plants looks very natural IMO :thumbup:

Java fern and bolbitis are staring to shade the plantation.
Going to need a machete soon.

20191121_183637.jpg
20191121_183622.jpg

Mixing the ferts again.

Fed up of inconsistant supply of micros (in terms of price and quality) so using chempak from now on, with added iron, magnesium and manganese.
1kg of chempak trace elements + 250g of chempak iron per 20L mix (with added vit c and potassium sorbate to keep from spoiling)

In terms of macros, its 3kgs of potassium nitrate from inoxia + 1kg of monopotassium phosphate per 20L mix
Should probably reduce the amounts as I always have some undissolved crystals on the bottom, but I really like round numbers so its hard :D

20191215_114436.jpg

Last edited:
Back