• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Autodoser flood!

john arnold

Hi

Been using the jeboa autodoser for about a week now, went away fro 2 days and returned to about a 20 l flood from my 240 tank, of course while i was away !, looks like the tubes i was using, squashy co2 ones have pinched amd the fertiliser supply bottle had filled up and this is where the water came from, anyone have sny ideas other thsn i imagine the tubing was pinched and so blocked and when doser pump came on it somehow sucked water from the tank back into the bottle and overspilled seems mad i didnt think it could do that i think ill get some rigid tubing and put non return valves on, anyone had this failure before? And ill just have to turn it off now as im off for 2 weeks work away great aye

Do you have you fert tubing going into the water in the tank ? Sounds like you have and you are better off with an air gap as it prevents the bacteria in your tank getting into the tubing which can/does lead to mould etc

Think you may have only twin rollers on the dosing pumps and they just happen to stop st the right spot (or wrong spot for you) and the water just back siphoned !!! dont think tubes have pinched but fitting suitable non return valves and get an air gap should prevent the problem happening again;)

Do you have you fert tubing going into the water in the tank ? Sounds like you have and you are better off with an air gap as it prevents the bacteria in your tank getting into the tubing which can/does lead to mould etc

Think you may have only twin rollers on the dosing pumps and they just happen to stop st the right spot (or wrong spot for you) and the water just back siphoned !!! dont think tubes have pinched but fitting suitable non return valves and get an air gap should prevent the problem happening again;)

You know i knew i should put non return valves in but thought id get away with it arrrr, no way aye, ok thanks for the air gap tip ill do this when i get back from work, turned it off for now, thanks

Back