• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Songs from the Man Cave!

Carlos Santana & John Lee Hooker "Things gonna change"

Blues cousins "The thrill is gone"

Laurence Jones "Thunder in the sky"

Albert Collins & Gary Moore "If trouble was money"

The Beach Boys from album "Surfs Up" said to be written after napalm bombing in the Vietnam War a song ahead of it's time
"A Day In The Life Of A Tree "sung from the tree point of view

Hi all,
Albert Collins & Gary Moore "If trouble was money"
Just about survived that one without crying, you can't beat the blues when you are <"in a dark place">.
Stevie Wonder " Misstra Knnow It All" said to be about the Nixon era
I think <"Innervisions"> is quite a political album, I still listen to it regularly. When I 22 I was getting drunk in pubs and when he was 22 Stevie Wonder was writing "Innervisions".

There are a few of these. "Fish ain't bitin'" by Lamont Dozier is one which name-checks the impeached ex-president:

Most days I listen to Gil Scott Heron, he has a whole host of them, but the (Ronald Reagan themed) <"B Movie">, <"Home is where the hatred is"> and <"Winter in America"> cover it fairly well.

cheers Darrel

Last edited:
Gary Moore sadly not with us but my brother went to his concerts anytime he could always in awe of his guitar . Think Steve Wonders Talking Book and Innervisions were groundbreaking albums

Hi all,
......Think Steve Wonders Talking Book and Innervisions were groundbreaking albums
"Visions" from "Innervisions".

People hand in hand
Have I lived to see the milk and honey land?
Where hate's a dream and love forever stands
Or is this a vision in my mind?
The law was never passed
But somehow all men feel they're truly free at last
Have we really gone this far through space and time
Or is this a vision in my mind?
I'm not one who makes believe
I know that leaves are green
They only change to brown when autumn comes around
I know just what I say
Today's not yesterday
And all things have an ending........
cheers Darrel

Hi all,
Gary Moore sadly not with us...... always in awe of his guitar
@roadmaster posted "Still got the Blues" earlier in the <"thread">.

I like his cover of <"Stormy Monday">, I think there is just him as an instrumental and also a collaboration with Albert King, and you would have to mention that he and BB King had a really good go at BB's <"The thrill is gone">.

cheers Darrel

Here is my mate Jim again, this time telling the story of Mount Rushmore... great lyrics...
He has some help from a blind and handicapped fan who follows Jim to all his advents,
kiri was at our folk club so Jim got her up on stage.

Back