• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fitting ADA Solar Light Stand

Siege

Apologies for maybe a daft question I know bugger all about DIY! Anyone had experience if fitting a ADA Solar light stand?

I want to fit it to a Aquascaper 900. I assume I can simply drill some pilot holes on the side (making sure the hanging arm runs down the middle of the tank). Then screw on.

Does that sound right or is there something I am missing?

Bit confused as ADA state that it is suitable for the wood cabinet but NOT the plain or cube cabinet. I am confused why and am hoping it will be fine for the Aquascaper range.

S.

Hi mate mine used to go from the rear of cabinet about 2 inch in from the right corner. It's the brackets that holds the upright pole that differ between the wood and steel cabinet versions.

If it's anything like the older RGB stand I have for my 75P then it needs to be fitted off centre, I've got the garden stand clamps but you obviously need the brackets like shown below, the actual stand looks the same design as the older ones

You could attach on the back as well but needs to be a solid bit of wood and not just thinner non supporting part of the stand, no sure what it's like at the back of the aquascaper

3_04.jpg
3_03.jpg

Thanks SB and K. That makes sense.

I’d need to install it from the side (not my preferred option though) as the AS cabinet is open at the back. The support wood at the back only goes up the middle, if that makes sense?!

The side will still work really well from my viewing angle though.

I also looked at the ONF square bracket but that does need to hung from the rear.

You could always insert a piece of wood to screw it to at the back pretty easily? Best of both worlds as you'll get the mounting position you want, is it the 90P stand you have? Reason I ask is the smaller the stand the further you can go in from the side at the back to mount it

Hi Kalum,

I was thinking the same about inserting a piece of wood but a bit above my pay grade in diy terms. I’ll ask @Geoffrey Rea to have a look! :)

It is the Aquascaper 900, so instead of 45 cm front to back it is 50cm. Unsure how that will work.

If I am confident we can fix a bit of wood at the back - the ONF Square stand may be a better option as it is more adjustable in settings.
The ADA is set at 45cm so I presume to fit 50cm it has to be fitted at the side and moved forward a bit more than originally designed....!?

Does my thinking sound right?

Last edited:
I'm sure he'll sort you out ;)

That is true about it being maybe 25mm further back than true centre on the side but I'm sure you wouldn't notice it and the light (assuming rgb solar) will easily counter that, I'm not one for carpets so having the peak lighting slightly further back is a good thing for the scapes I seem to do at the minute but not sure what you have planned

This is a bit low at 50cm but you get the idea (this is the solar RGB and probably pretty conservative as it was done by chihiros in comparison to the vivid)

FB_IMG_1567946781685.jpg

Cheers K. Yes I think that has been taken straight from the ADA catalogue.

If you chaps can’t see any reason why it wouldn’t go, I’ll have a chat with @Geoffrey Rea about fitting a piece of wood at the back to attach the arm to. I think/hope he’ll do anything for a few beers!

Going down that route, I think I may consider the ONF arm. I can get 3 for not a lot more than 1 ADA one and I can see me wanting to change all 3 tanks to suspended lighting in time.
May be easier to get before the Boris brexit happens!

Just means a few bits of marine ply, the right fixings and loads of beers for Geoff!

Thanks for helping with my thoughts.:thumbup:

Last edited:
I can't see any issue in it personally and I know you mentioned wanting to try and do an all ADA tank so I'm sure it would be worth it :D if you want a 75P stand give me a shout as mine is just tucked away in a cupboard the now lol

Yeh discontinued as far as I know, keep us posted with how you get on and end up going for

Haha ive been watching wandering how long it would take you to reply @Geoffrey Rea
Lol think you was a little slow the beer offer was made about 2 hours ago your definitely slipping bro

Really like the ADA arm, really nice to have the option to turn the arm and light, for better access to the tank. Something I didn't realized until I got it.

Back