• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
That rock is giving me the fear :nailbiting: someone let me know when it's away so I can check back in with how you're getting on :lol:

190908054652447738.jpg

Tank is in place, pipes too. Needs water and plants...soon :)

@CooKieS love this scape but how are you going to circulate the water at rear of tank?

depth of field is mint especially that rock that looks like it's behind the glass. The one on the right or is it?

Thanks, that's just an illusion; using Big Wood or stones on the foreground and very small ones one the background helps a lot. ;)

First WC today, H.Pinnitifida loves to be just under the lights. :)

190916093437386219.jpg

Love this plant, just added it to my new scape, first time growing!
However, I'm a little confused and wondering if you would know: This plant is listed as a stem plant that can grow 30-40cm, but I've only ever seen people grow it on hardscape? (i followed suit)

I wonder if this is the correct way to grow it and maybe the information on tropica's site is just limited?

Love this plant, just added it to my new scape, first time growing!
However, I'm a little confused and wondering if you would know: This plant is listed as a stem plant that can grow 30-40cm, but I've only ever seen people grow it on hardscape? (i followed suit)

I wonder if this is the correct way to grow it and maybe the information on tropica's site is just limited?

Hi, Don't worry, this plant is quite unique and you can grow it the way you want too; plant it and it will look like bushy palm tree, attach it on the hardscape like an epiphyte and it will look like an fern.

My 2 cents advice ; if you want compact growth with small red leaves, trim it very often, like once every two weeks, you Don't need scissors to do that, just pinch the old big leaves and the new one with your fingers to encourage compact new growth. It's quite invasive once acclimated so be prepared to do that often. ;)

Hi, Don't worry, this plant is quite unique and you can grow it the way you want too; plant it and it will look like bushy palm tree, attach it on the hardscape like an epiphyte and it will look like an fern.

My 2 cents advice ; if you want compact growth with small red leaves, trim it very often, like once every two weeks, you Don't need scissors to do that, just pinch the old big leaves and the new one with your fingers to encourage compact new growth. It's quite invasive once acclimated so be prepared to do that often. ;)

As in remove the healthy biggest leaves? okay great thanks for the tips! really helps. Sorry for hijacking your thread!

I second that, if kept low it'll spread like crazy,
Same plants in both pictures
IMG_20190917_142725.jpg

It is my absolutely nemesis plant! Never manage to grow it properly in hard water, always end up with lots of spots on it and dies eventually... High CO2, High Light, Full EI dosing, I still manage to kill it. o_O

Strange...it even grows in my low tech non CO2 no ferts tank...maybe it's the hard water.

It is my absolutely nemesis plant! Never manage to grow it properly in hard water, always end up with lots of spots on it and dies eventually... High CO2, High Light, Full EI dosing, I still manage to kill it. o_O

Like Cookies I've kept it successfully under extreme lean dosing. I use soft water so can't tell if your hard water would be the issue, generally plants do better in soft acidic water

Hi there,

Tank is going through hard Times because of my lazy mistakes...

-had some cardboard to separate soil and Sand, and forgot it when flooding, After one week all the rotala near the cardboard started to melt...one New pot of rotala and cardboard removed, problem solved.:facepalm:
-diatoms, green Fuzz algae, buces melt because of New soil and New filter media...starting to look better.:pompus:
-wood still floating!o_O
-fungus everywhere, added 6 clithons and neritina snails to eat it, seems to work:rolleyes:

Tomorrow Big water change and filter cleaning because of all the mess released by the Wood.

Starting to considering iwagumi again for my next scape :lol:

190927082542766799.jpg

Cheers

Last edited:
Back