• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New to this - First Aquascape

Joshsils

Seedling
Hi all!

I’ve just joined up and would like to introduce my new aquarium. I think it’s really a mix of ideas/styles but I’m happy with it for now and excited to watch it grow.

Aquarium - low-iron glass 60x40x40 (unknown brand as it was second hand). Sat on a Aquascaper 600 cabinet
Light - Twinstar 600E with timer/dimmer
Filter - Oase Biomaster Thermo 350 with Evolution Aqua lily pipe/inlet
Co2 - Co2 art Pro-se regulator with inline diffuser
Substrate - Tropica Aquarium soil
Other - Rocks that I believe are Seiryu or similar. “Home made” bonsai-esque (was my idea) made from various driftwood pieces
Plants -
Utricularia graminifolia
Rotala 'Bonsai'
Monte Carlo
Eleocharis acicularis

Attachments

• 4D7886E2-F0C5-4622-A37C-5EB20246216C.jpeg
    4D7886E2-F0C5-4622-A37C-5EB20246216C.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 1,684
Joshsils

4d7886e2-f0c5-4622-a37c-5eb20246216c-jpeg.jpg

You have two very good Aquascapes divided by a very light coloured pathway that appears to be the same with from front to back.

My only suggestion would be to rethink the pathway if you must have it.

Keith:wave::greenfinger:

Joshsils

4d7886e2-f0c5-4622-a37c-5eb20246216c-jpeg.jpg

You have two very good Aquascapes divided by a very light coloured pathway that appears to be the same with from front to back.

My only suggestion would be to rethink the pathway if you must have it.

Hi Keith,

Thank you. I agree the pathway didn’t come out as I’d hoped, I think I’ll revisit this soon and have it sloping away towards the rear.

Joshsils

Joshsils%20pathway%209.9.19%20_edited-2.jpg

Here are a few simple suggestions for you to consider.
Note the 4 red dots they are approximately the 4 focal points.
The back LH large rock I have lifted it a little. This can be done by adding more substrate underneath it.
I have also added a smaller rock behind it to narrow the pathway off.
I have completely alter the pathway LH side to give it more shape and, added a few more plants.

Joshsils

Joshsils%20pathway%209.9.19%20_edited-2.jpg

Here are a few simple suggestions for you to consider.
Note the 4 red dots they are approximately the 4 focal points.
The back LH large rock I have lifted it a little. This can be done by adding more substrate underneath it.
I have also added a smaller rock behind it to narrow the pathway off.
I have completely alter the pathway LH side to give it more shape and, added a few more plants.

Thanks for your input Keith, I like your ideas. I think I’ll wait until I have some more grow out before I make any changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick update

So the tank on the whole is doing ok, but looks a mess. The UG failed miserable as I majorly overestimated my skills (lesson learnt!), it’s now been removed and I’ve put some some java moss in its place for now. I’m going to leave the sand “path” until the hairgrass has established.

The MC tree was doing really well until I added some Amanos, who have been dislodging plant matter on a daily basis. There’s enough growth for now, I’m going to see how it gets on.

The dwarf hairgrass had quite a die-off but I’m seeing quite a bit of new growth which is positive.

And finally the Rotala Bonsai is doing really well, I love how this looks. I’m hoping to trim and replant some offcuts soon.

Along with the Amanos I have some Otto’s and Nerite snails, who are all keeping on top of cleanup.

51ecd85360888da1d92e58181c96d9c1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back