• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hello from Locks Heath

jimi

Hi All,

Just recently joined after starting up a planted tank after a very long break. Looking forward to brushing up on my (lack of) remembered knowledge!

I recently purchased an older Flouro lit Roma 200 and replaced it with some Aqua-sky LED's (so I have a Roma 200 lid if anyone wants know lol) that I purchased a while back for a tank I inherited which was a Roma 125. Got the bigger bug right away again!

I am trying my hand at an Iwugami tank this time as I used to stick to Dutch. So at the moment I am just trying to source a Co2 set up. Looking for a second hand one if anyone has one :) but if not I think I will probably buy the Co2Art SE bundle with the inline as I have read that 1 in-tank diffuser for a tank that big doesn't work that well and I cant afford the Pro-Elite version so that's that!

I got a Fluval 305 for nothing and got that up and running, rattly as hell though so something inst right tho I cant see how any more air can be trapped in it as its been running for 4 days. Going to swap out those horrid pipes for some black PVC 16mm ID piping that I have found on Ebay which will help with the inline diffuser and should bend well without kink in those over tank hose holders.

At the moment I just have a few rocks, a tree made from the root which i cant remember the name of covered in moss (which I cant remember the name of either) and some Hair Grass. Want to stock it with Neon's as never had a Neon tank and I like the idea of it, can't stand hectic fish.

Anyway that's me, hope to speak to you all soon and I will add some pics when I can.

Cheers
James

Hi.

Check the diameter of your Fluval filter tubing as you may struggle with an inline diffuser if you donot change it to the standard 16/22.

Inline the new style metal ones are brilliant

https://www.aquariumgardens.co.uk/inline-co2-aquarium-diffuser-for-1622mm-hose-3360-p.asp

Hi Siege,

As I mentioned I already found some 16mm ID PVC tubing to swap it out for and that is the diffuser I am going to buy, well I am going to buy the bundle from co2 art :)

Thanks for your input!

and thanks all for the welcomes :)

James

Back