• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Floodlight options for a 2ft tank.

Herrwibi

I've been looking into this for a while now .

I have a 2x1x1 tank . Holds about 60l and I'm thinking of doing a low tech set up .

The problem I've got is the chihiros would take over 4 weeks to get here if I ordered one .

My question is would it be better to go with a single 20w or 2x10w all at 6500k.

I’ve got a single 12W COB lamp running on a 31cm cube at the moment (on the right) and it’s working ok. In fact I’ve just ordered a dimmable version as it may be a bit bright. The COB LED was £3.28 on eBay.

1E34F7C4-692F-4895-8E66-6A7E3D31F1D8.jpeg

2x 10 or 2x 20, not that much difference in money. with 2x 20 you can increase the distance and the spread a bit more.

I'm worried if I go 2x20w there will be a big algae built up . I know increasing the distance from the water level will help reduce this .

I’ve got a single 12W COB lamp running on a 31cm cube at the moment (on the right) and it’s working ok. In fact I’ve just ordered a dimmable version as it may be a bit bright. The COB LED was £3.28 on eBay.

View attachment 126934

Do you have a link to the products?

i bought one of these and rigged it up.

bought some cable and a plug and done, if you have a way to attach it or wall to screw it too.

seems to be working really well and plants already started to pearl as soon as i turned it on.

https://cpc.farnell.com/v-tac/402-vt-30-b/floodlight-led-30w-6400k-black/dp/LA07365?CMP=TREML007-005
How the light working out for you? Tempted to get a couple of the 20w spots for my tank, rather than buying the Chihiros ones from china

just ordered 1 more. included with 3 gang waterproof connectors as the cables are really short! lol says 900mm but they come 9 inch..

Back