• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New Chihiros RGB Vivid - looks VERY promising

Lol just played it back and it sounds absolutely terrible in the video sorry:lol:.
For a comparison on sounds on the video here is one on my fluval G3 that is near silent.

Thanks for the video of the fans... I have no doubt, I like the look of the light. But the fans still worries me. I realise now that there need to be some reference noise in the video, to have a chance to compare how much noise the fans make. Without reference (in the same video) it is not possible.

The best people have right now is your statement: "like good laptop fans"....

The problem is that it is not possible to adjust the speaker volume the replicate the IRL fan noise volume.

So if I could be so humble to ask you to make another video with some reference sound in it, then you get the very best review of the Chihiros VIVID RBG out there so far. Which also is spectacular few!

This could be done like this:
Distance to the VIVID RBG in the previous video is good, but maybe you could close in on the light in the end, with the last reference sound continuing.
The reference sounds need to be generated at same distance to the camera. (Just next to the light!)
The reference sounds must be at a fixed volume, and something people know the volume of. The more different ref. sounds the better.

Example of reference sounds:
A person side by side with the aquarium turning on a lighter for some time.
Then grabs a pen and clicking on the top for some time,
Then browsing through a newspaper
The person could also say: I will now whisper at a volume where the camera man/woman can barely pick up the words, then speak "normal", then speak out loud.
The person could clap, all the way from not able to hear it, and to full power and sour hands!!!
Turn on and off an air pump with bubbles popping in the aquarium. (a noise many can relate to)
The more the better, as long as the reference noise is something people kind of know the volume of, to compare volume of the fans.

I know it is a lot to ask for, but I am sure this is the only way for people to get something out of a video "showing" the fan noise. Sorry but I only realised this after watching your video.

It is the same issue with the video with noise from the G3. There is nothing to compare, you can only tell the noise is at a different frekvens. There could have been a little to compare if the G3 noise was filmed at the same distance from the source of noise, as with the VIVID.... but still different phone, different setting and so on.

Both videos I can play full power through my speaker and have everybody in the building running down with complains!!

Thanks, I would really appreciate it, and I am sure a lot of others would too.

Yes I'm with you all he way on that. It wasn't until I had posyre the video and played it back that I realised how loud it actually sounded on the video. If i had heard the video before i bought my light there is no way i would have bought it i assure you of that.
Just be aware that any light with a fan will make some noise and if it is something that will bother you go for a fanless light option as this is the only option that will be totally silent.
Leave it with me i will see what I can do with regard to a video with reference noises also.

Daveslaney or someone else with VIVID, how far above the top of the aquarium will you suggest hanging the VIVID.

On a tank with the size 80cm long, 40cm deep, and 40cm high. 128 liters.

Thanks in advance.

I have mine hung around 30cm above the tank and run it at 60% max. You can hang it as high or low as you like and adjust intensity pro rata but I find any lower maintenance is awkward and any higher the light over spill is more of a problem as my tank is sited next to the sofa.
Here's another video on the Vivid noise, I have included some house hold noises that people should be able to relate to for ref:).

I wonder what the service life of the fan would be? If that fails, the light may go caput.

just placed my order for one of these this morning, looking forward to seeing the difference between the Vivid and my Twinstar

I've got an idea for when I get mine but need to find a place that can cut aluminium sheet into something other than a rectangle, only places so far only do rectangular or square pieces

Hi all,

So I've got two fixtures to use on my new project. Notice that both of them keep blinking blue even after been successfully programmed.

They seem to be always searching for a Bluetooth connection.

When I connect with the Chihiros Magic App, the blue leds stop blinking and remain on. Soon after I close the app on my phone, they start to blink again.

On the overall, the fixtures seem to be working fine, but all this blue blinking is really annoying when lights go off and the room is dark. Take a look:

So... is that to be expected on Chihiros Vivid? @Basviola @Daveslaney can you confirm? If so, it seems to be a really bad UX... I will open the fixture and put some cover on those annoying Bluetooth leds...

Back