• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

A 90cm New Beginning

@Geoffrey Rea @alto @Arana
As some of you know, I have these fish. They are very nice, but, at least in London two water, as you can see in my photo on my thread their colours aren't as bright as on Glaser's website. However out of the toxic soup of water that id London they should be better. The males have coloured up a bit more and look very shiny green and red in sunlight now :)) . If you want to buy some, come to the Aquatic Design Centre in Balham. There are probably 8-10 left. I may be wrong but I'd be surprised if you can find them anywhere else.

@Geoffrey Rea @alto @Arana
As some of you know, I have these fish. They are very nice, but, at least in London two water, as you can see in my photo on my thread their colours aren't as bright as on Glaser's website. However out of the toxic soup of water that id London they should be better. The males have coloured up a bit more and look very shiny green and red in sunlight now :)) . If you want to buy some, come to the Aquatic Design Centre in Balham. There are probably 8-10 left. I may be wrong but I'd be surprised if you can find them anywhere else.

Thanks Alex, i cannot decide on the additional species as there is so many i like ;)

They have then at sweet Knowles aquatics Alex I saw them on Sunday mate they where also a lovely fish
Cheers
Jay

A quick water change and a small trim today resulted in me managing to stab myself in the big toe with a pair of scissors! i have had a few cuts and scratches over the years aquascaping but never a pair of scissors stuck in my toe :banghead: who would believe it was such a dangerous hobby :nurse:

I have finally run out of my TMC Complete so switched to full EI using my own mix solution from today, lets see how that goes, i have also upped the light intensity from 55% to 60% but will stick to the 6 hour photo period for now.
Still no signs of algae, not even green spot on the glass :thumbup:

Going to visit a couple of LFS this afternoon to see if they have any interesting livestock that takes my fancy.

Here is a couple of snaps on the phone taken during the water change.

JHUoUMg.jpg

Gp6cL2w.jpg

Couldn't find anything to take my fancy at the LFS, i did see some lovely dwarf honey gouramis but wasn't sure how they would get on with the shrimp so gave it a miss. i have placed a couple of orders online for the bits i need to transform the sand foreground, so will post photos of that once it is underway.

The work will begin this weekend on rescaping the foreground and getting rid of that sand, hardscape this weekend and plants next weekend i hope. Meanwhile i have 20 tangerine tiger shrimp on the way but i am still stuck on what other fish to add (suggestions Welcome) the only thing i have seen in my LFS limited choice is Honey Gouramis and Pencil fish, not sure how either of those will fair in an opened top tank or how they will get on with the shrimp.

Ok that was a much bigger job than i anticipated! :oops:

I have now replaced the sand with Plantahunter River Gravel, a mixture of small and large, also moved a couple of plants and propagated the Pinnatifida onto a few more branches, also trimmed the Hydrocotyle tripartita Mini on the wood as it was reaching for the sky.

The overall plan is too extend the Riccardia moss on the left to cover most of the left and right foreground, just leaving the central path as unplanted, but will need to do that next week when my order from AG gets here. At least the hard part is out of the way. I have finished off with 2 50% water changes but things still look a bit murky so will do another tomorrow if its not crystal by then.

here is a few phone photos of where it is right now, once it is clear i will try to get a decent full tank shot with the Cannon.

GYaWvRp.jpg

yejAbqv.jpg

OrrTRaN.jpg

KBBcZFE.jpg

OdLUYXz.jpg

U0MeOG6.jpg

2wP9054.jpg

gIbssbF.jpg

loX9yRK.jpg

4G1lz91.jpg

iWUGjdj.jpg

The Pinnatifida grows so well on the branches I've moved some to the 45p and spread it around the big tank to now
The tank looks good mate
Cheers
Jay

Back