• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

(NO MORE) 2,000L High tech BEAST

Swords going mad.
Bought some extra ozelot varieties, see if I can grow them to this size too.

Lets hope Mr Day gets going on his 2700L so I can dump a massive trim on him :D

These swords dont fit in a "regular" sized tank.

20190530_182747.jpg

Fil

Haha my tank taking a long time I know but had lots of things to do needed to decorate half the house to keep wife happy. Tank gets started this weekend

I see you Echinodorus is about to flower soon.. That's nice.. :thumbup:

Haha my tank taking a long time I know but had lots of things to do needed to decorate half the house to keep wife happy. Tank gets started this weekend

Hopefully by that time I will have the red and green ozelot varieties grown out for you!

Fil

Just wonder how they manage not to have the leaves dry pout.o_O

I guess it depends on the spp. and do a lot of trimming, eventualy all leaves dry out than cut them away at the plant base.

At least that what i always did with my Kleiner Bär growing that big.. Always took a few weeks for an older leave to start drying at the tips. Enough new ones to cut older ones away and still look rather compact.

At this time i'm growing a echinodorus palaefolius var. latifolius emersed and eventualy all old leaves that came from the greenhous climate dried out.
Now it is comming back with new leaves that seem to be much more hardy and stay rather healthy in living room climate. A matter of addaption i guess.
Also the E. Regine Hildbrandt cultivar is a darn hardy Echinodorus have growing 3 plants emersed and it seems to be very happy, a perfect window sil Echinodorus.. :)

My best guess the one in the picture is aslo a E. palaefolius or maybe an E. cordifolius..

Just went through this thread for the first time; your Beast is spectacular! Great fishkeeping and plant growing! I also love your philosophy of lots of small life to be discovered when you're looking closely at the tank.

Thank you, and well done for making it through!
Its getting to be a long read :D

If the growing tips were as pale

The white tips are just a photo artifact due to strong lights, they are lush green in fact.
That said, I did have a ferts hiccup a month or so ago, which made some pogos go white, but sorted since.

They appear to be munching on all of my pogo indiscriminately.
Planning on moving some to the 200L.

I get the feeling that they are actually going for algea, but breaking pogos leaves inadvertantly. Its a very crunchy plant, if they really fancied it, it would be gone!

Thanks for reading
Fil

Back