• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Best EPDM liner supplier?

Franks

I’m after a recommendation for a decent EPDM liner at a good price. I think I’ll need 4.5m x 4m.

Anyone?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We could all do that Martin. It ain't hard using Google is it.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Here is the other thing what is the quality
Like.
Is it ok in sunlight.
The one on my last pond I paid more because of all these things
Plus a 10 year guarantee.
Depends what you want. And how much your willing to pay.
Me I would get a box liner. They cost a hell of a lot more.
But you do not get any creases in the liner.
All depends on a lot of things.
But Frank asked for some where to start.
So I gave him a couple of web addresses.
I hope he finds a liner that cost a tenner.
Good luck to him.

Those liners are cheapo plastic. I’m after a source of decent grade EPDM liner - not a plastic bag.

Firestone EPDM is usually 1mm thick and pretty much has a lifetime guarantee. This will be a rocked and stoned aquascape pond so durability is crucial. I guess careful lining of a Koi pool would warrant a different approach as the only thing in it is fish. You could probably put plastic DPC in that

Best online price I can find including 200gsm underlay is £137. Even Gordon Lowe Greenseal at 0.75mm is more expensive. I did an old pond in 1mm Firestone and it’s a superbly robust liner - extremely heavy too!

Thanks

Those liners are cheapo plastic. I’m after a source of decent grade EPDM liner - not a plastic bag.

Firestone EPDM is usually 1mm thick and pretty much has a lifetime guarantee. This will be a rocked and stoned aquascape pond so durability is crucial. I guess careful lining of a Koi pool would warrant a different approach as the only thing in it is fish. You could probably put plastic DPC in that

Best online price I can find including 200gsm underlay is £137. Even Gordon Lowe Greenseal at 0.75mm is more expensive. I did an old pond in 1mm Firestone and it’s a superbly robust liner - extremely heavy too!

Thanks

Agree robust and ever lasting.

Thinking out loud......................
Franks, why do you want EPDM? Many years ago it was the "thing" to have but as you pointed out its 1mm thick, which makes it not too easy to manipulate, back then you would leave it out in the warm sun for several hours to warm it up to make it more managebale.
I was looking at my pool earlier today and I was thinking the liner in that must be 20+ years old, not showing any signs of age. There are lots of products that will last just as long if not longer than EPDM that are easier to manage and cost considerably less.

I did think about using a thinner more modern liner but they seem very easy to tear/hole or don’t stretch like EPDM.

I’m worried that rocking the pond will stretch it beyond it’s limit over time while it settles under a few thousand litres plus rock weight and puncture it. Another reason - no professional pond builders use anything less in their videos. I’ve had to pay £30 for all my waterfall foam - it seems silly to not stump up what might be an additional £70 and know I’ve got the best quality liner possible.

I’ve worked with EPDM before - it is tough to work with but the odd crease, overlap is of no concern since zero liner will be visible behind the rock work.

In other news; the 10,000lph pump was tested today - it’s feisty!

I also made my intake bay - a fake aquablox one so strong that I can stand on it. It’ll easily take the weight of a few filtration pebbles/stone. The back top of it can be removed to access the pump body. The water outlet will exit the side of the chamber. I could do with finding a 40mm couplings for it to make pump maintenance easy.

Attachments

• AC15619E-CE42-46FC-B0FC-EDF3A5B90CEE.jpeg
    AC15619E-CE42-46FC-B0FC-EDF3A5B90CEE.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 165
  • F036C0CD-B96E-4F95-A2BA-1383A04662FE.jpeg
    F036C0CD-B96E-4F95-A2BA-1383A04662FE.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 144
  • 13314957-8A62-45F9-B472-9A9EC4A8D4AD.jpeg
    13314957-8A62-45F9-B472-9A9EC4A8D4AD.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 155
No, it’s a Jabao TMP 10,000 eco. I think it draws ~80w. I fitted a plug for the test so hope to put it through one of those power usage devices to confirm. It seems most modern pumps are now much more eco friendly to run.

I’m eyeing up a Jabao 55w UVC too.

Maybe 0.75mm EPDM would be enough?

Where did you get the fake aquablox? The originals cost a bomb!

Problem is, or maybe not really a problem - Gordon Lowe Green Seal 0.75 is £130 without any liner. Might aswell have Firestone and thick 200gsm underlay for £7 more

Today I’m knackered. We now have a 9ft x 6ft x 1ft shelf. More digging to resume another day - phew!

At least my beautiful wife kept the beers on tap.

I made the Aquabox myself having seen one. They’re essentially modular pieces of plastic which interlock like Meccano at certain points. With clever drilling and strategic tie-wrapping, you can make a really strong version out of ground stabilisation tiles. These are also used to park cars on when you want a stoned driveway so they are plenty strong.

Attachments

• 5A53F8A5-FED0-4B2C-928A-4EB9EC8F8B3B.jpeg
    5A53F8A5-FED0-4B2C-928A-4EB9EC8F8B3B.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 174
  • 75B5BD53-AA7F-4E73-8807-4FAEA6B81A81.jpeg
    75B5BD53-AA7F-4E73-8807-4FAEA6B81A81.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 163
Problem is, or maybe not really a problem - Gordon Lowe Green Seal 0.75 is £130 without any liner. Might aswell have Firestone and thick 200gsm underlay for £7 more

Today I’m knackered. We now have a 9ft x 6ft x 1ft shelf. More digging to resume another day - phew!

At least my beautiful wife kept the beers on tap.

I made the Aquabox myself having seen one. They’re essentially modular pieces of plastic which interlock like Meccano at certain points. With clever drilling and strategic tie-wrapping, you can make a really strong version out of ground stabilisation tiles. These are also used to park cars on when you want a stoned driveway so they are plenty strong.
Looking good mate. You have been busy

Any hints, tips or links about this little project? Keen to see how you do it.

Back