• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fungus? Is it fungus?!

Sarpijk

Ηi all, two out of 9 white cloud minnows appear to have white fungal growths on their bodies. Can anyone identify what is going on exactly and maybe suggest a treatment? Little buggers are too fast to photograph so excuse the blurred pics.
0f70dfe7e7fd5535fa42f8a08223477d.jpg
3018d592627aeae12766370a0094a532.jpg

I was told that these spots a.k.a cotton mouth is a strain of Columnaris which is
a serious bacterial infection.

I am treating the whole tank with anibiotics.

I was told that these spots a.k.a cotton mouth is a strain of Columnaris which is
a serious bacterial infection.

Yes it is. And later scientific studies suggest it is a water column borne opportunistic pathogen. After the treatment you may want to look into doing more water changes and perhaps evaluate the day to day habits, fish feeding, fish diet, filters, fish density, CO2 levels, etc...It is hard to tell what triggered it.

If you've caught it early, the chances are you've halted it with the antibiotics, providing you got the right ones. I dealt with it once and it never returned.

Yes it is. And later scientific studies suggest it is a water column borne opportunistic pathogen. After the treatment you may want to look into doing more water changes and perhaps evaluate the day to day habits, fish feeding, fish diet, filters, fish density, CO2 levels, etc...It is hard to tell what triggered it.

If you've caught it early, the chances are you've halted it with the antibiotics, providing you got the right ones. I dealt with it once and it never returned.
Do you have any suggestions on how to treat this successfully? I have read too many different things. Currently using Minocycline.

Back