• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aphids in dry start.

If thats the case then ive got nothing to loose spraying with soap and flooding. I'm hoping they won't spread to the hairgrass.

Ok thanks, I've already sprayed with a very weak mixture this afternoon..If I have no real response then I will partially flood and maybe try to suck water from the surface as I'm guessing they'll float.

I had aphids in my emersed scape. Flooding is the only practical solution. Especially if there are fish around to eat the aphids. A flood for 24 hrs and then drain won’t affect a dry start (I.e plants won’t transition to submerged growth in 24 hours). You do need to get rid of them, they really damage plants

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will partially flood tomorrow, and try to shake/wiggle the plants as I'm doing it. Hopefully I can get rid of the little blighters. Not bothered too much if I loose the Saggitaria as it grows like a weed but I will be if they start attacking the hairgrass.

Guys,. When covering the plants to get rid of the aphids do i need to condition/heat the water or can it just be straight from the tap?
Just thinking about the beneficial bacteria that have colonised in the substrate.

Tank filled on Saturday morning and emptied mid morning Sunday. Plenty of messing about to try get the little blighters off of the plants. Can't see anymore in the tank. Thanks guys.

Back