• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

(NO MORE) 2,000L High tech BEAST

Apparently, I can grow buce too! :D

In the 200L at the moment. Might introduce it to the Beast.

20190502_060029.jpg

About 40 years ago I paid a visit to local store who supply and maintain fire extinguishers, since then I have never paid for my own C02 supply!
They always have a few near out of date cylinders that they let me have.
I do live in a small community and I take the guys gifts like boxes of chocolate or wine etc so I guess I do pay a little...

Hope everyone's Sunday is going swimmingly (pardon the pun).

I haven't made a proper update for a while (ignoring the pics and vids Ive been dropping).

Mostly all has been well, fish are growing and seem happy.
The columbian tetras, SAEs and the whiptail plec have been growing well in particular.

I now have 10 SAE in the 2000L, with 4-5 more to be moved from the 200L.
They arent so happy in the 200L, its actually quite stark with the 2 tanks being so close, the differences are undeniable. Worse colouration, slower growth and skittish attitude.
So the remaining SAE is the 200L are getting a room upgrade Today.
Speaking of the SAEs, originally didnt think much of them apart from "its a maintenance fish", but now they are growing larger, Ive noticed they are beautiful, especially when the light bounces of their scales just right.

On the subject of the 200L, the elephant nose I had there wasnt happy either. I noticed too late, after he already stopped eating and lost a ton of weight. Poor little thing didnt survive.

On the other hand, the fish in the Beast seem to be loving it. I wonder if any of them will grow to an unusually large size, as you sometimes hear about tropical fish held in ponds growing to crazy sizes.
Not saying the Beast is the size of an average pond, but defo closer to that than a fish tank :D

The Beast's e. nose seems happy, plump and active, mostly in the mornings before lights on. We have noticed that is the best time to feed the lot, and the e nose gets right stuck in fighting for food with all other fish.

The cherry shrimp are still pretty much everywhere, although the smaller ones are invisible. For good reason too, the colombian tetras sometimes gang up on adult RCS swimming through the water column, but seem to leave them otherwise alone.

The 5 amano shrimp Ive released are rarely seen. They mostly come out during water changes and trimming.

Its actually nice having animals in the tank which are only rarely seen. Makes it an event when you do.

I might post some pictures later.

Have a great sunday.
Fil

They arent so happy in the 200L, its actually quite stark with the 2 tanks being so close, the differences are undeniable. Worse colouration, slower growth and skittish attitude.

I have a small group of 5 in my 240G pond and they're far from skittish, the friendliest fish of all that like cleaning my hands. Great decision to move them all to the Beast as they'll certainly appreciate it, plus they're so social increasing their group will only be a benefit.

So the remaining SAE is the 200L are getting a room upgrade Today.
Speaking of the SAEs, originally didnt think much of them apart from "its a maintenance fish", but now they are growing larger, Ive noticed they are beautiful, especially when the light bounces of their scales just right.

Yes, especially if you catch a picture of their side under the correct light. I still haven't been able to take a nice one of them.

That looks good enough to eat...
reminds me of a freshly harvested lettuce

Looks delicious but feels tough AF

Actually, wasn’t sure what to do with my 400l ex-Oscar tank, so I drained it, and threw in some mint & basil!
Mohitos & mozzarella on the menu this weekend :D

Fil

Back