• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA Terra Base

Condensation probably wont be an issue, there is no warm water source or temperature difference between inside and outside the tank.
The challenge lies in ventilation, stagnant air will kill most of the plants/orchids, but so will drafts and the moss needs high humidity. It might be tricky to find the right balance.

Now there is this as well...

DOOA Terra Plate, soon to be released...

200203_news_01_en.jpg

I know this is an old thread but I thought I'd add to it as I've just had a play with a terra base. I don't have a big house so space is at a premium (also depends what my wife will approve of) so I really like this..

Remains to be seen how it will grow and mature. But I love the look of it at the moment!
IMG_20200312_204447_612.jpg

Really fancy a crack at one of these.

I like the concept of the terra base a lot, but it's the cylinder shape that puts me off, as others have mentioned; it kills the "natural" look id be going for, too symmetrical etc.

That won't however, stop me admiring the ones other people upload as above haha

It'd look cooler if they were black, but realise that's maybe not feasible given it's terracotta or whatnot

Considering getting a couple of these, love how they look! Would be great in my office desk!!
Actually I have to admit, I pledged for 3 of them. I think they look way better than the Terra Base from DOOA. The conical shape of the Terraplanter also makes it look more attractive compared to the straight cylinder shape of the Terra base. It also allows better access to light to the lower part of the planter. I think this is perfect for orchids.

I will also be doing a DYI one just for the sake of it.

Actually I have to admit, I pledged for 3 of them. I think they look way better than the Terra Base from DOOA.
I had two in the basket and then didn't get them! but I think this will I will get a couple as a treat ;) they looks indeed much better than the original posted here.

Back