• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA 75P

update as of tonight one of 35 Anubias Nana tissue cultures
DSC_1810_zpsv6bkpwth.jpg

few more
DSC_1804_zpss8qi7syi.jpg

sorry for the quality on this one - 85 stems of Rotala wallichii 1-2 grow
DSC_1805_zpszhyptjru.jpg

Last edited:
2 pots of 1-2 grow Rotala vietnam H'ra' that gave me 43 stems but lights are now out so will take pics later.

Looking sweet! Great dry start. I would be sorely tempted to keep it as a terrarium. What’s up with the sand pool on the right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking sweet! Great dry start. I would be sorely tempted to keep it as a terrarium. What’s up with the sand pool on the right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks @TBRO,

makes it easier to remove stale water and give the plants a real good spray with fresh water daily. takes a couple of mins to syringe old water out from the pool daily. roughly remove 250ml per day. if I had a flat substrate It wouldn't be a problem but because I have a largish slope and need to keep the roots and plants damp in the upper levels, all that water drains down to the sand pit corner. hope this answers your question.

Last edited:
Should also mention every other day the water pit as it is now known is drained then sprayed back into my dsm aquarium setup. my way of thinking is a replenish cycle. all those layers of different types of substrate along with ferts and powders are slowly draining to the pit and I am now using a filtered version to spray my plants and any excess is removed. Day one, plain ro water. Day two drained water sprayed back in.

Fingers crossed, next batch of plants will arrive tomorrow from pro shrimp. I normally buy from AG but lately they seem out of stock.

x2 pots Eleocharis acicularis mini 1-2 grow this will hopefully help break up a few hard areas in the foreground.

Going to give Microsorum pteropus Petite 1x pot from proshrimp a try high up in the wood stump. I'll secure the plant with a piece of heather wood and wedge into the stump so if it doesn't work I can easily remove.
I'll get some pics up when they arrive. might even get bold and video the final planting along wit a few bits and bobs from my fluval flex.

Last edited:
Insane growth! Love the UG carpet!

thanks @CooKieS , the UG has spread lovely and is starting to send out roots finally so hopefully either next weekend or maybe the the weekend after I should be good to fill. Still got a few anubias nana and Blyxa Japonica from from my other tank but they will be added on fill day.

Just need a good quality tds pen now. I must have at least 6 Ebay specials with quite a large difference between readings.

Hi all,
I must have at least 6 Ebay specials with quite a large difference between readings.
You should be able to get a good low range meter for ~£50.

You can also easily make up the calibration solution from KCl (which you should already have to store the pH electrodes in?).

The calibration solution is 0.01 M KCl = 1411 μS at 25°C

The Hanna PRIMO or similar conductivity meter should be accurate enough.

cheers Darrel

You can also easily make up the calibration solution from KCl (which you should already have to store the pH electrodes in?).
cheers Darrel

spilt a full bottle of hanna storage solution 2 weeks ago so went and bought some growth technology refill/ storage solution (says it contains 3 molar KCI)

will this be ok to use or would you suggest making up some?

just bought the Hanna HI98311
cheers Scott

Back