• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Cheap water change pump

ralfred

Have you ever thought of just putting the hose on the end of the tap with some kind of fitting like in the link below, a little tricky balancing water temperature though.
https://www.hozelock.com/product-category/watering/fittings-and-connectors-watering/tap-connectors/

Even better fit a thermostatic mixing valve under your sink you can just connect your hose up and the water will be at the set temperature ready to go - just be careful to get one with the temperature range you're looking for.
Far easier by a long way.

I guess the difference in effort between the pump and your first option is time taken to plug pump in and getting temperature right on tap, vs taking the attachment off your kitchen/bathroom tap each time you want to pump (unless you are using an outdoor tap..but surely no hot water then?).

Thermostatic mixing valve, perhaps if you have a number of tanks, it's worth making the investment, otherwise just putting a bucket in a sink and plugging in a pump is hardly serious labour!

I’ve been looking at this pump recently as I am wanting to replace my underpowered standard Interpet one. Would you say it was quiet?

Back