• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

(NO MORE) 2,000L High tech BEAST

You black phantoms, penguins and black neons are probably shy at the moment as it's still early days but more likely you don't have enough. In a smaller tank a group of ten wuld make them feel secure but in yours with the extra space you'd likely need to up that quite a bit. The other species like the Columbian are simply bolder. So you could up the numbers of the others if you like them or see if they settle in and become more adventurous as you add other fish.
I wouldn't be overly worried about the angels eating the cherry shrimp as you have an elephant nose that will likely reduce the numbers anyway. Sorry I didn't know you were planning a shrimp population before or I would have warned you. It doesn't mean you won't be able to maintain a nice shrimp population but I'd be very surprised if they weren't heavily predated.

Thanks Mort.
The RCS colony is already in. I wonder how much the enose will predate on them, it looks really clumsy and the RCS are quick.
Anyways, it wont be a biggie if I loose some/most.

Fil

Yes! Thats the exact vid Ive seen before. Got my creative juices flowing!

So far, Ive modified my sump to take a strip of poliester matting instead of filter socks, and Ive zip tied some thick material to the main overflow pipe to do some extra polishing for a few hrs.

20190204_143847.jpg
20190204_143915.jpg

Thanks for reading!
Fil

PLC update

Finally got a box of switches wired to allow me to easily and quicky switch stuff on/off.
Its located high in a cupboard between the two tanks it serves.

LOVE IT

Starting to really feel the possibilities that the Logo8 offers.

Right now, it still serves as simple timers for 2 tanks, with switches reversing whatever the timer is telling sockets to do. (i.e. if lights are on due to timer, the switch will turn them off).
To be honest, its not perfect but it will get better as I continue to mess about, and start learning from Ian's tankymctankface programs.

Big thanks to @ian_m & @Zeus. for their advice! I wouldnt be able to get to this point without it.

Thanks for reading
Fil

20190209_130757.jpg
20190209_130743.jpg
20190209_130733.jpg
20190209_130900.jpg

Attachments

• 20190209_130821.jpg
    20190209_130821.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 140
that looks like a lot of wiring and stuff! I have no clue what it is but looks fancy! nice!

It looks complicated, but its not once you read a little of Ians post on PLCs. Totally worth learning.
The programming part still looks complicated to me, but I know it will makes sense little by little.
Like with all else.

Tank is looking great as usual but u dont need me to tell u that ;)

Lol. I actually DO need you to.
It motivates me like nothing else!

Thanks again for reading
Fil

start learning from Ian's tankymctankface

Will be well worth the effect IMO/IME once I understood how it worked I implemented it straight away and have never gone back to the conventional timers on logosoft as i can change one timer them change them all thanks to Ian's software :thumbup:

Will be well worth the effect IMO/IME once I understood how it worked I implemented it straight away and have never gone back to the conventional timers on logosoft as i can change one timer them change them all thanks to Ian's software :thumbup:

Got it sorted! Solid!

Also, for those who enjoy the vids :D
Make sure to watch in HD!

Thanks
Fil

Must say it looks good though!
(would like to see it come together a bit more, looks a tad chaotic, maybe less plantspecies but larger groups?)

I agree. Defo chaotic in places.
There is one place in the tank that I am truly happy with.

Perhaps I should make short vids about specific parts of the tank and get feedback from you guys.

Separate tank, but Beast related. So...

Finally finished setting up the 200L
It will take trimmings from the Beast, possibly for resale.

The Beast's PLC is also controlling the 200L.

The lights are 4x10w Toolstation floodlights, on a frame of stained and oiled decking boards I had lying around. Total cost aprox £50.

Got a bunch of bolbitus split yesterday.

20190216_081620.jpg
20190216_081610.jpg
20190216_081627.jpg

Back