• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Curious

Haven’t a clue anymore.

Just keep an eye on the drop checker nowadays. You want it a nice light green colour at lights on.

A lot depends on how much surface agitation you have and flow in the tank and quality of the diffuser (and of course size of bubbles in bubble counter!).

Check out Dennis wong on YouTube, a couple of really good videos on co2.

Yeah it's a tiff one, just upgraded from a 70 ltr to a 125 I'd say I have 3 bps on my 125 and 2 on my previous 70 ltr. Trouble with the drop checker is it takes anywhere between 2-4 hrs to change. Plant look healthy so I'll listen to my green thumb, thanks alot

Yeah it's a tiff one, just upgraded from a 70 ltr to a 125 I'd say I have 3 bps on my 125 and 2 on my previous 70 ltr. Trouble with the drop checker is it takes anywhere between 2-4 hrs to change. Plant look healthy so I'll listen to my green thumb, thanks alot

Sounds good. Pay attention to livestock. Personally I don’t mind going into yellow if fish etc look good as long as plenty of surface agitation.

I’ve gone into very yellow a few times with no surface agitation and fish show problem signs pretty quickly. A quick few buckets of water change, fix the surface agitation and all right again within a couple of mins.

If you are experimenting want to do it over a say a weekend when you are around.

If you haven’t already look at the 2 X CO2 videos on YouTube from Dennis wong. Can’t recommend them enough :)

bps can't be used as a comparative measure between tanks. It just shows you are injecting CO2 and if bps is higher than yesterday then your are injecting more, or if bps is lower than yesterday you are injecting less.

OK it can, be used to compare CO2 rates....
1. Measure your bubble size.
2. Calculate volume, by 3/4 x pi x r^3, in cubic centimeters.
3. Convert volume to mass (volume x 1.98 -> gr) grams.
4. Convert to grams / hour, by multiplying bps rate by 3600.
5. Convert to grams per litre per hour by dividing by tank volume.

Mine is 0.014grams / litre / hour or about 20gr in 8 hours into 180 litre tank.

So there you go a comparison.

Back