• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Low Tech 60p

Duplicareus

Seedling
Hi there! I have been lurking in UKAPS for the longest time and this is my first post! George Farmer’s one pot iwagumi challenge led me here and I’ve stayed ever since.

My 60p recently went through a rough patch where maintenance was not done for over a month during the holiday period. Buce melted, and some bba appeared. Decided to get a bit more plants and did a rescape. Thought this current version is pretty decent so decided to share. Hope you guys like it

37D6B402-13E2-419F-954A-4DFCC8C23CC3.jpeg

Duplicareus

You have done what I would call a Keep It Simple Aquascape and they work 99.9% and your's is certainly working.

I can see only one concern and it's not in the hardscape at all. I would prefer the substrate a colour as close to those rocks as possible. The reasons being its rather glary, a lighter colour will get dirty very quickly and always look untidy unless you clean it on a very regular basis.

First I would remove most of the water and return it when finished and top up with new water.
You could syphon it out very easily and then add the new substrate.

Keith:wave: :wave:

I like the contrast between the rosks and the sand, hoovering sand to keep clean whilst doing a water change now and then is no big deal.

You running this without filters and what appears to be an ADA surface skimmer or did you take equipment out for the photo?

My bad, I think I can see what appears to be a glass inlet in the left back corner?

@Keith GH
Thanks for the suggestion! But as one forummer put it, it makes the scape just that bit more professional :)
Shall be more dilligent in making the tank pristine

@AverageWhiteBloke
Yep, glass outlet and inlet through an Eheim Ecco Pro 300

Back