• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Critique my hardscape My second aquascape in development.

notmysign

I'm working on the hardscape after tearing down my first aquascape ever when I had a fault lever on my pump. I now have a small 33L to house my shrimps and Otto's.
What I'm working with is loa rocks and redmoore roots. Anything I can improve?
IMG_20190116_210530.jpg

I'm working on the hardscape after tearing down my first aquascape ever when I had a fault lever on my pump. I now have a small 33L to house my shrimps and Otto's.
What I'm working with is loa rocks and redmoore roots. Anything I can improve?
View attachment 120783

I've never Aquascaped properly with wood but what I do know is that when the wood fits perfectly over a rock it looks incredible. It creates the impression that it actually grew over the rock making a much more natural Scape. See if any rock fit the bends of the wood -HypeBuce

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

notmysigns

Looking very good as if nature created it. My only concern is that one small rock front LH corner it looks completely out of place.

When you add the substrate make sure there are pockets of the substrate for planting.

Keith:wave: :wave:

I've never Aquascaped properly with wood but what I do know is that when the wood fits perfectly over a rock it looks incredible. It creates the impression that it actually grew over the rock making a much more natural Scape. See if any rock fit the bends of the wood -HypeBuce
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for that advice. I will try

notmysigns

Looking very good as if nature created it. My only concern is that one small rock front LH corner it looks completely out of place.

When you add the substrate make sure there are pockets of the substrate for planting.

Keith:wave: :wave:
That stone was just leftover :)
It is hard to see but there is pockets between all stones

Back