• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

NatureScape - The End

Now this is it...hardscape definitely finished. I've added another piece of wood and moved the rocks slightly. It's all now cemented in place using the powdered AS and superglue technique...
31375469377_f977a9fb8a_b.jpg

46264073842_441288c577_b.jpg

Also an update on the Venus Flytrap, still going strong on a diet of rainwater and the occasional, once a month, feed of tank water...
45401515545_6ba90f256c_b.jpg

by Tim Harrison, on Flickr

Tank scape and flytrap both look awesome

Love the substrate slope - I always default on that ... must be my lack of wood :(

Plants this weekend?

@DeepMetropolis thanks ;)

And thanks @alto too. I wanted to bank the slope up as high as possible. I'm using thin bits of slate as substrate supports, but not sure how well they will work once it's full of water.
I won't be planting it just yet. I'm probably going to try another plantless start, it worked fairly well last time. Also, I can't decide on what plants would look best and where with this scape so still open to suggestions.

Haha @foxfish I suppose it does resemble an octopus, I was aiming for the more windswept or bending in the current look :)

Lovely video.

Really great video Tim, did you lay it out before or just freestyle the layout?
Strong hardscape, will look great in s few weeks.
The flytraps would look great with sundews idiot! Post Christmas sending is a promise

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the kind comments guys :)

Nice plant selection, lots of stems always help against algae!
Thanks, I'm hoping algae isn't going to be too much of a problem; I'm a bit dubious about reusing some of the plants rescued from the BBA :confused:
Looks like you are going to be busy for a few hrs
That I am Keith. I had a plumbing emergency in the family bathroom which I had to deal with today :meh: so it looks like I'll be planting tomorrow instead.
did you lay it out before or just freestyle the layout?
Thanks Iain, a bit of both. I used a scape box to work out the basic layout, but it changed a bit when it came to scaping the tank...

32508755198_823f0fc0c7_b.jpg

(Rogier van Vugt (Dutch botanist) has some interesting posts on carnivorous plants lately:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BrgOjhSl11o/ )
Some nice images thanks for the link.
Love the video and subbed to your channel :) (MD Fish Tanks)
Thanks Marc.
what's the plant list matey hardscape like amazing by the way
Plants will be a mix of Crypts, epiphytes, Ludwigia and Rotala stems, some Alternanthera reineckii Mini, and MC and Stauro and a few bits and bobs for the foreground, thanks for asking.

Back