• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New journey

Makes sense to me to get rid of one Koralia... in a low tech setup like this it just isn't needed.

I would also consider removing the large stone on the far RHS. It looks out of place to me being so big over there when the focus of your scape is the island which is over to the left? I would also shift the right hand most piece of wood back over to the left so it looks like it's emanating from the same focal point.

Just suggestions! I think it looks awesome by the way and Its always great to see a low tech low maintenance aquascape. All fishkeepers should be doing this!!!

On the x 2 Hydros I’m going to be starting to dose ferts(evo aquascaper liquid food) and l/quid easy carbo. As I’m after a carpet in places, just some interest for in the JBL river sand. So might be better to have the extra flow to distribute the ferts/ carbon ?!?
I realise I’ll have to up my light intensity, at moment I only have my Fluval plant 2.0 LED on 50 %, so I should be okay if I up it.
Yep I see what you mean on the piece of wood, kind of out on a limb ;)The plan was going to add another interesting piece of wood around there / or as you say ‘take it in a bit’ to balance things up/ I’ll see what I can come up with.

Cheers for the feed back:) this hobby really gets hold of you

So I've added some dwarf hairgrass and annubias,hopefully the hairgrass will spread :)
Dosing the liquid ferts/carbon is not a problem for me, so hopefully this will help all plants..

Hopefully !!!
image1 (4).jpeg

image1 (3).jpeg

Interested to hear how you get on with the hairgrass... keep up informed. If just done a similar addition as an experiment in my own tank...

I would lift the front powerhead in the same position to the top like you have the one at the back. It will give you the same flow pattern but create a bit of surface movement too.
Looks a bit out of place near the bottom of the tank like that:).

Good point at the moment I have it down there for additional flow/circulation at bottom of tank.
I could in theory have it nearer the surface, pointing towards the bottom of the tank. At the moment there is ample circulation on surface as the other one is creating plenty surface movement.

Cheers ;)

Ok. Just think it would be a lot less distracting from the scape placed at the top is all.
Nice clean looking scape. Well done:).

Interested to hear how you get on with the hairgrass... keep up informed. If just done a similar addition as an experiment in my own tank...

Any photos of your tank :)
Are you doing liquid carbon or CO2 from canister for the hairgrass???

I’m thinking of trying to make this tank as clean cut as possible. Perhaps this is me thinking out loud as is not possible but here goes.
I want to remove the inlet/outlet pipes, go for lily pipes. I know that this will mean some sort of drilling into side of cabinet(is it possible to get same sort of covers for the cabinet that are on the evolution aquascaper tanks?!?

Also heater, I think this is something far more realistic?? As they just connect to pipe work externally??
Advice/ photos (please) if anyone who has carried these conversions out, would be most helpful. I really like my tank set up, but would as said like to be as clutter free as possible..

I know that this will mean some sort of drilling into side of cabinet(is it possible to get same sort of covers for the cabinet that are on the evolution aquascaper tanks?!?

They are just large cable hole covers that are used in the office desks/tables, you can get them online and even in B&Q etc.

Any photos of your tank :)
Are you doing liquid carbon or CO2 from canister for the hairgrass???
Ill get some photos this weekend. :)

I've added it to two tanks. One is a cold water nano shrimp tank which just gets a complete fertiliser twice per week (which I'm actually hoping to change the substrate from sand to proper planting substrate), the other is in a low tech tropical tank getting daily ferts and liquid co2 (not glut based currently but I want to switch back to glut based).

I've also added Monte Carlo to both tanks, I've tried them both before with little success and primarily wanted to see if the planting substrate made a difference.

Re the Lilly pipes... are you filter inlet and outlet not drilled through the base currently? You can get glass versions of these I think. Look at the greenaqua youtube...

Much appreciated Matt, its just an idea but somehting i've been thinking about for a while .

On the lily pipes, yep my tank is drilled through the base. I'm off to work but will have a look at green aqua you tube - at some point today.

My hairgrass is not dying which must be a good thing?!? i know its only been in for around a week but fingers crosses with dosing with l/carb and ferts. Not to mention keeping the lights at about 75 %. Im off today hopefully to get some more plants, hopefully some Heteranthera zosterifolia / and a crypto just to and a bit of interest in background/aquascape - then that is it no more tweaking!!!!!!!

Cheers :thumbup:

Okay i've added a couple of photos, plants i have mentioned previously have been added and will hopefully do well. Also added some smaller stones to try and make it a more realistic aquascape. ;) One hydro i have also moved higher up, i think as someone previously mentioned - cheers on that i think its made the aquascape look better...

Again any thought's, much appreciated??

IMG_0404.jpg

Hi Folks my tank is still set up but remodelling or rooms( the other half) its to long for us now ( put bluntly)
Sooo Im looking to sell aquarium/cabinet, any suggestions on where best to put it on the market??

Can it be put on here? I might as well give some information:
Firstly no scratches on glass, aquarium/cabinet is in excellent condition and comes with the Fluval 205 external and the Fluval LED plant 2.0 with dimmer.

It will be a shame to see it go, tank i'm looking at getting( for fitting into space) i HAVE left - Is the aquascaper evo 600.

Comments/advice greatly appreciated..

You can't advertise it for sale in this thread; forum rules I'm afraid. But you can advertise it in the "For Sale/Swap/Wanted" section. However, you need a minimum of 25 posts before you can access it.

So after lots of thought I have ended up rescaping instead of selling off.
I've used tropica aquarium soil on this scape, I've planted up with tissue culture moss/ hair grass and some annubias.
Still waiting on more plants to arrive for planting in background from aqua essentials.

Let me know your thoughts guys ;)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 138
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 125
Back