• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Co2/ph with the Helialux lighting

Carpman

Where to start?
Ph will be injected via Qanvee atomiser.
Lighting system changed to Helialux with the day-night controller
I know I need a drop of roughly 1point ph but as light will be variable (sunrise/sunset) when would you recommend that drop to have taken place. I did test pre-stripping tank down please see https://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/ph-profiling.55585/
I believe I need to shorten my sunrise and dusk periods, following the advice given in previous thread, in turn, this will increase the full lighting period

I would keep your sunrise sunset times short, 15 mins or so and have full lighting for 6 hours, building up to 8 hours of full lighting over a few weeks... if things look good...

You should have 30ppm of C02 in the water column by full lights on.

Of course max C02 levels might not be required if you use soft lighting, or you might even find that you can’t even get that much gas into your tank!
The guys who are really successful with this planted tank game, know how to get loads of C02 in the water and keep it steady. They know all about flow, distribution, lighting and tank maintainace.
It is not always easy to get all these things right!

I am assuming you are setting up a new tank without any fish?

I am assuming you are setting up a new tank without any fish?
Not a new tank setup but a re-scape but I have made a lot of changes/upgrades, lighting system injection method and flow and of cousre auto dosing.

OK ... my point is .... with fish in a tank while you are adjusting the C02 levels makes it a dangerous place for them to be in!
So... if you have an opportunity to adjust the C02 without fish or shrimp (while they are in your holding tank) that is the time to experiment.

Back