• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

(NO MORE) 2,000L High tech BEAST

Ugh

i wish i had this tank...

If you dont mind me asking, how much have you invested in it so far?

And how much a /m does it cost about?

maybe ill get one like it myself :D:D:D:D

There is soo much possibility with this much real estate.
I feel like every corner of the tank is a different "aquarium" with its own, style and charm.
Perhaps I should let the scape deteriorate so that George Farmer decides to give it a makover ;)

The costs so far are aprox £6.5k. Monthly costs shouldnt exceed £60.
Its arguably a lot for a fish tank, but not for an all year round indoor tropical garden ;)

Let me know if you want a further breakdow of roughly where this money went.
I've details somewhere.

Also, VERY important considerations which made this project possible are:
- im not on a water meter
- i have tank water supply and drain plumbed into house waste
- my wooden floor is fully supported to take 2.5+ tonnes of tank glory

Thanks for reading
Fil

Almost forgot to mention
Found this little guy yesterday!
I love bronze cories, they just dont give a damn about ammonia spikes and rotting fish.

20181117_145213.jpg

What fish are you planning to keep in this or still not decided? Are you gona replace the rummy nose? Obviously not all in one hit again, regardless of the size of the tank I don't think it was ready for 300 fish Due to how new the setup is.

Starting to look great now, really filling it and maturing nicely!

Cheers

Conor

Not decided yet. I will focus on plants and growing my RCS colony for now. Besides, Im broke!

Thanks for reading
Fil

God i can just imagine how pretty it looks in person...

The contrast of the sag. and the larger leaf plants is Perfect, that and the fact everything looks so natural and Wavy...!

Thanks Dutch!

Peoples jaws tend to drop when they see the Beast. More to do with size, than my scaping skills I think.
Pictures simply don't convey scale.

If anyone here is ever in Liverpool, pm me if you want to see it.
Least I could do for all the advice Ive received.

Thanks for reading,
Fil

Just wow!!!!!!..... I think I would seriously consider selling an arm, the dog and one of the kids for a tank this size (the Mrs would probably have to go too as she’d never allow it)... amazing!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great! A shoal of red shoulder angelfish would look amazing in there. Or maybe a wild type discus.

Sorry just thinking of all the possibilities you could have lol! A massive South American community would look amazing.

Cheers

Just looked them up, I agree!

Maybe one day, when I give up on growing a massive RCS colony.

Thanks for reading
Fil
i was going to say i like the stock as is tbh :angelic: but thats just me, even in my tanks i dont stock fish everything is nano.

Watch the video on youtube by clicking where it says "youtube" in the video above.

What he said at exactly the same time haha

Back