• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New journey

S

Stoney

Hi guys Fluval f90 two months old, Java fern and moss with no Co2.
Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    556 KB · Views: 973
Thanks on the comments much appreciated
I’ll look into a black background, perhaps a type of light cardboard/ any thoughts?!?
I’d also like some comments/advice on dwarf hairgrass, I’m thinking to put some in at the back give some depth. Can it be planted straight into JBL sansibar river ?!? I don’t have CO2 or fertiliser below the sansibar river, is the reason I went for only java fern/ moss...

Thanks again..

image1.jpeg
image2.jpeg
I have changed things slightly in these latest pictures, some more dragon stone aquascaped in. Does anyone think i have to much circulation?? I have the standard 206 external which i think this tank should have came with 306 instead. I also have two korallia hydro 1600 pumps on the left side, there is good circulation but anyone have any thoughts??

Nice scape, I think the Java fern minimalist look is really cool.

Don’t think you can have too much circulation! As long as the fish are OK, it’s considered a good thing.

Are you dosing any ferts or liquid carbon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keeping to Java fern/java moss, so no need for liquid carbon i find it easy to care for ;)
Previously i have tried more demanding plants on other aquascapes, using liquid carbon/eco -complete substrate but to much hassle/things can go wrong.
I even thought of going down the c02 route/Macronutrients and micronutrients but think its looking okay the way it is at moment.

Thanks guys for the comments.

Each scape depends on the individuals time and effort so for ease and not much time yours is perfect and looks really nice

Cheers for that, i've planted more java moss over dragon stone at right hand side.
Also I've attached some more java fern from mother plants onto some redwood stems.

I'll try an add some more pics over the coming month's hopefully the moss will spread nicely.

:)

050CC6F7-98C3-4A3F-B710-33AEF4BA20DB.jpeg
I’ve added a black background, just black card off a roll from hobby craft.

Let me know what you think - yes/no?!?

Not made my mind up if I like it yet.

I love my black backgrounds but I think clear works better in this case, it has more depth when you can see through it :)

IMG_0336 (1).jpg
IMG_0338.jpg
IMG_0338.jpg
IMG_0336 (1).jpg
I agree totally with the black background, I took it down today (decided on a day off work) the wall behind is painted a neutral colour but I still feel a background would improve things.
Sooooo I went shopping today and managed to find something which could be a goer.
Attached is a couple of photos of new one, I think it’s much improved- but again comments welcome.

Anyone else thinking there's one Koralia too many? Agreed more flow is always better in most cases as it gets co2 and ferts washing round all the plants but with none of either I would take a gamble to see less equipment in there. Maybe just keep the one in the back right corner complimenting the filter outlet?

Nice tank though, there's plenty of plants that will still do ok in the tank that will provide some variation in leaves and colours. I would stick with the island theme and keep the sand as is without plants but try and get some varieties on the centre wood. Beuces and Anubias varieties spring to mind. Maybe just get a tall easy plant like vallis to try and hide the filter inlet. Your tank though :thumbup:

Back