• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Restricted Flow

Carpman

I think I have an issue, I wanted to adjust my BPS rate last night and found thaat it would only rise from current setting 2bps to about 3 bps even with the valve wide open, I checked presure on FE and was at about 1bar so I thought ok maybe I'm a little low presure to adjust up. This morning I fitted a fresh FE and still getting the same, I did a little video with phone to show what I mean.

If you're feeding through a diffuser they can block and cause a surprising amount of back-pressure. Happened to me. Give it a good clean with H2O2. I have spares so I can swap them around.
HTH

There I was thinking my regulator was knackered, I didnt even think about disconnecting pipe work to check output. It must be something to do with age lol. Cheers to @Parablennius now need to check the check valve and bazooka diffuser.

I experienced the exact same thing yesterday. After much faffing with most of my suspicions on the regulator, solenoid and gas bottle itself, it ended up being a severely blocked bazooka diffuser, which even after cleaning with H202 and then bleach dipping followed by prime dipping, still didn't clear it, so I switched back to an older glass diffuser temporarily. Anyway...yep, a blocked diffuser can certainly make a mug out of your bubble counter and send you into a tizzy. In future though, it'll be the first thing I check, and I'll work backwards from there.

BTW, the bazooka diff had been laid up un-used in the tank for a while with Co2 going into a reactor instead. I guess it had algaed up and fossilized itself just to express it's disgust at being unemployed for so long!!...lol

Mike

Just put on new tubing and removed check valve had'nt relised I still had original check valve (was supposed to be a temp till I got a proper Co2 one). Flow is better but still not totally free, getting about 10bps now so that will do till strip down.

It can't be the regulator because you're showing 40psi on the second gauge. It's between the gauge and the outlet of the bubble counter where the problem lies. And to be fair, 10 (big) bps at 40 psi is about right. If you want more, just open the secondary a bit more.

Back