• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nature Aquarium Party 2018

That aquarium with the rainbow fish in is amazing! Thanks for sharing, quality pictures.

Cheers

Conor

Amazing, some of the top aquascapers up there again Fukada, Josh Sim. Like Fukadas this year as much as his previous winners.Seems the USA have done well

Went hiking with Hiep Hong this morning before Today’s program started.

Things like freshwater craps and especially hydrocotyle tripartita was everywhere. Also some really interesting mosses
B015EF48-F7D4-429A-BC88-66C19BE125C1.jpeg
FE33F406-BE72-4326-9B0F-0B9CE65B26DE.jpeg
5EABFDFE-EDBF-4200-A173-717BA976D2D4.jpeg
D0C96CEB-00C4-4838-B994-8E9C3335E410.jpeg
53B7F703-9364-4A5A-8790-3F006F3D11E3.jpeg
10E1AADD-E178-4448-BD03-04C202DB1B2D.jpeg
EB58648A-6E75-467A-BD2D-F607B208FAEA.jpeg

Awesome pics Marc. I am sure will be a great experience!! Enjoy your time!

Don't need to be unique. Just copy Amano and take the grand prize :cool:. I really like the scape of the grand prize personally even better than Amanos version. But for me is not the real grand prize. I wonder if this was done just to boost the wallet of ADA.
43544377830_407306e24f_b.jpg
44177260_10210652406460967_1716544943259910144_n by Nigel Aquascaping, on Flickr

Awesome pics Marc. I am sure will be a great experience!! Enjoy your time!

Don't need to be unique. Just copy Amano and take the grand prize :cool:. I really like the scape of the grand prize personally even better than Amanos version. But for me is not the real grand prize. I wonder if this was done just to boost the wallet of ADA.
43544377830_407306e24f_b.jpg
44177260_10210652406460967_1716544943259910144_n by Nigel Aquascaping, on Flickr

This is ridiculous...the ada screen light sticker is missing!

This years layouts from distributers and special guests at the gallery.

Fun fact: The ADA maintenance staff sends pictures and updates of the tanks to the creators weekly, and asks how to trim or if they want to make changes to the planting.
P1017734 - Kopi.JPG
P1017736.JPG
P1017758.JPG

Amanos private collection of the legendary ´Hakkai`stones behind the gallery:

P1017752.JPG

Great thread!
Very nice pictures, what a thrill to be there!
Enjoy.
Thanks for sharing! (However, you could have provided some towels. Not even a fair warning in the opening post... So loads of keyboards and smart phones were (unnecessarily) drool-damaged i reckon...:wacky:)

Fun fact: The ADA maintenance staff sends pictures and updates of the tanks to the creators weekly, and asks how to trim or if they want to make changes to the planting.
Nice service!! Imagine having this team at your disposal!

Fun fact 2: It seems to me that the creator of the second tank asked the staff for a carpet of Utricularia graminifolia!?! :clap:
(at least if i identified the foreground plant correct?)
Anyway that's probably the easiest way to successfully growing UG:
Make a beautiful scape, fill it with UG and let the ADA guys grow it into a lush and green UG carpet for you!! :thumbup:

@Shinobi : Do you happen to know which kind of stone they used in that first scape?

Great thread!
Very nice pictures, what a thrill to be there!
Enjoy.
Thanks for sharing! (However, you could have provided some towels. Not even a fair warning in the opening post... So loads of keyboards and smart phones were (unnecessarily) drool-damaged i reckon...:wacky:)

Nice service!! Imagine having this team at your disposal!

Fun fact 2: It seems to me that the creator of the second tank asked the staff for a carpet of Utricularia graminifolia!?! :clap:
(at least if i identified the foreground plant correct?)
Anyway that's probably the easiest way to successfully growing UG:
Make a beautiful scape, fill it with UG and let the ADA guys grow it into a lush and green UG carpet for you!! :thumbup:

@Shinobi : Do you happen to know which kind of stone they used in that first scape?

Thanks!

Yeah the Nature Aquarium Party has really been an incredible experience. It’s hard to describe with words how amazing the whole experience and all the people you meet have been - I definitely recommend it to anyone who has just the slightest interest in this hobby.

The ADA staff and their maintenance is mind blowing, 50 tanks and no matter how close you look with your own eyes, not a tiny bit of algae to be found anywhere!

The creators did the initial planting themselves, however there were three ADA guys prepping the plants.

The rock in the first picture is the original ADA Manten stone, and this is by far the nicest rock I’ve seen in person. The colors range from brown, to purple or red and has an really interesting texture - it’s really nice and EXPENSIVE!

UG was used in the second picture by André Longarco from Brazil

50 tanks and no matter how close you look with your own eyes, not a tiny bit of algae to be found anywhere!

Incredible!

None of the three tanks above seem to have a visible dropchecker. I checked all pictured tanks on previous first page and could only spot one.
Made me wonder:
Did they remove them because of the ongoing festivities?
Are they very well hidden (possibly hangon type)?
Or maybe they don't use them at all?
Do they use digital controllers for regulating co2 or solenoids?
Levels of 20ppm or 30ppm?
You didn't happen to see the inside of one of those cabinets, did you?
:rolleyes:
The light units. I do believe see a pattern regarding brand and type choice... :D
Wow! Light pleasure overload!!!! :dead:
Rather impressive, dang....
Anyhow, the units all seem to be hanging at more or less the same height. Is that something like 30cm above tank (or 40cm?) average you think?
I have to stop now before i really get started so just one more question before i regain selfcontrol:
Reckon every one of them tanks has an ADA stainless steel filter underneath as well??? Oooh, the joy... ;)

the original ADA Manten stone, and this is by far the nicest rock I’ve seen in person. The colors range from brown, to purple or red and has an really interesting texture - it’s really nice and EXPENSIVE!

Thanks! I suspected that but those really are amazing stones, even on picture!
Pure and raw poetry!!
Must be a dream to have them at your disposal!

UG was used in the second picture by André Longarco from Brazil

I'd manage the planting if they'd take care of the growing-in part! Anytime!!!
It's a good way to test their skills anyway, nice move André!

Cheers

Last edited:
Looks like you had a nice experience there, did you ever get time to go hunting for Hakkai stones? As I understand it they can be found not only in nature, but for the lazy person that are also to be found in 'garden centers', although not easy to find in nature nor in shops.

Very jealous of all this... thank you so much for sharing. I won't comment on the aquariums as they are clearly the best you could hope to see... that pond though deserves it's own mention... so natural looking!

Back