• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Qanvee M1 Out-Tank Co2 Atomizer

I ordered one of these newer style inline atomizers from ali-express, cost about $20 AUD delivered, it arrived today, I will use this thread to review the co2 atomizer, first post is just an unboxing and photos, will try get this installed over the weekend and review on its performance compaired to the Up-Aqua inline atomizer which often cracks / leaks, so the biggest win for this Qanvee atomizer will be the quality of the build and if it doesn't crack / leak under pressure.

Inital thoughts, well constructed, the silver body is an anodized metal, aluminum I guess, the clear plastic diffuser housing seems very thick, this housing is threaded so you can unscrew and remove the diffuser for cleaning, will need to check this area for leaks, co2 nipple is plastic which threads into the metal body, again a possible area of leaks. All the included instructions are in Chinese, no idea what the working pressure will need to be set to but I am guessing similar to all other inline atomizers, something above 20 - 30psi

Photos

35554187513_d6181b831c_c.jpg
Untitled by Colm Doyle, on Flickr

35965831760_10ea9fabb8_c.jpg

36362719685_60b276581c_c.jpg

35965831800_2224e78907_c.jpg

36318343386_93fd3d93d3_c.jpg

Over the past few days I notice the drop checker on my 60p tank struggling to stay a nice lime green colour and slowly turning blue, so today I swapped out the up-aqua inline atomizer to the Qanvee atomizer and after a few hours I am back to a nice lime green drop checker, no idea why the up-aqua atomizer stopped working effectively, ... cant see any obvious cracks... anyways the Qanvee atomizer seems to be doing the job, I found out via aliexpress this atomizer needs a working pressure of 20psi so a bit less then the up-aqua unit.

Running at about 2bps 24/7 on my 60p tank its keeping the drop checker lime green and my PH steady at 6.9 which is pretty must spot on for 30ppm of co2.

The atomizer does put out a hissing noise while the up-aqua unit is silent, the hissing makes me think its leaking but I cant see any leaks, will re-test over the weekend.

So far very happy with these qanvee units, they look a bit sleeker than the up-aqua units which is a bonus.

IMG_5706.JPG

Hi, how has this been going? What about the bubble size. Cheers in advance for reply.

Bubble size is larger than the up-aqua but it seems to be getting my tank to 30ppm of co2 just as effectively as the up-aqua and also not as "misty" due to the bigger bubbles. No complaints I have ordered another 2 units for some of my other tanks.

Hi, I've ordered one and it just arrived, and the nipple seems to be metal as well, only the washer is plastic. But, just crossed my mind, as it seems to be made of aluminum, is it safe for shrimps?

It seems really well built, very sturdy with really nice plastic parts.

Enviado do meu HUAWEI GRA-L09 através de Tapatalk

Hi, I've ordered one and it just arrived, and the nipple seems to be metal as well, only the washer is plastic. But, just crossed my mind, as it seems to be made of aluminum, is it safe for shrimps?

It seems really well built, very sturdy with really nice plastic parts.

Enviado do meu HUAWEI GRA-L09 através de Tapatalk

Maybe they have updated the design to make the nipple metal as well, the unit I got has a plastic nipple / tube connector thing, tho saying that I dont know how closely I looked, could be metal, I have two unused units, will have a look at them later.

Not sure if the metal parts are aluminum or Stainless steel or something else, either way I have had one of the atomizers running on my 60p tank for months with no ill effects to fish or shrimp, the atomizer is working well no leaks tho I havent removed it for cleaning yet.

Try it and didn't like it. Sturdy, well built, but the bobbles are really small indeed but I had a mist in my tank that looks 7up... The tank is to enjoy and I really enjoy it in that hour when the co2 turn off and the light are still on.

So back to the JBL Proflora. SOME of the bobbles are slight large (the size of pearling), but most of it are 100% diffused, and the drop checker are lime green with the same bobble count.

The price is the triple of that Qanvee but its justified imo.

Dam! I dont get any mist in my tank and the drop checker stays a nice lime green at about 1bps. I think the misting effect with all inline atmoizors drops off over time as they clog up a bit.

Got a Qanvee from AliExpress. Think it's much nicer than the Up because:

- It's mostly made from metal.
- Seems that it doesn't require such a high PSI.
- You can clearly see the gas building up in the atomizer and clearing the water when the gas flow starts.
- Generally cheaper.

Because of this I've bought another as a spare + a spare ceramic. Hopefully that should keep me going for a while.

Downpoints:

- It seems that you have to be more careful to tighten everything up fully. I had a leak from the body when doing a soap test... I thought I had tightened it. Anyway, I gave it a good tighten and it was then fine. Maybe I loosened it during installation...

I think performance wise, it's much the same as the Up....

Cheers

My Qanvee atomizers are still going strong, I even got one for my 16/22 filter (previously had only used the 12/16mm) great atomizers which seem like they are not prone to any cracking.

Got a Qanvee from AliExpress. Think it's much nicer than the Up because:

Because of this I've bought another as a spare + a spare ceramic. Hopefully that should keep me going for a while.

Hi willsy, Just wondering if you could help with finding a source for spare ceramics? I've come up blank!

Just bought one. Found this site useful for novices like myself to install and check for leaks. https://green-chapter-shop.myshopify.com/products/qanvee-atomizer-l
Very small bubbles, however, it seems to take a lot more c02 to turn my drop checker lime green than my in tank diffuser. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Hi,
I have the Qanvee M2 installed in my tank for the last 4days and actually saw the opposite. I had to reduce slightly the CO2 BPS for the same lime green result.
The first 2days the bubbles were medium size, now they're much smaller. I published a video on Day1 on my page:
https://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/sdiesel77-aquascaper-900-diary.53717/page-4

As with above, I found the qanvee atmoizers to be very effective, only require about 1 bps to get a green / yellow checker as appose to 2 or more via in tank diffuser.

Perhaps double check for a leak (have used 4 of these qanvee atomizers all without any leaks), or make sure the pressure from your regulator is high enough for the inline atomizer

[QUOTE="Onoma1, post: 537341, member: 17559”]Very small bubbles, however, it seems to take a lot more c02 to turn my drop checker lime green than my in tank diffuser. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?[/QUOTE]

Yes, when I switched from a pollen diffuser in the tank to an in-line diffuser I had to increase the CO2 from 1 to 2 bubbles per second. I use a spray bar so assume that I am losing CO2 due to surface agitation. If you want to reduce the bubbles in the tank then you might want to consider an inexpensive filter booster set up as a reactor. See this thread for what is becoming known as “The Zeus Method”

https://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/reactors-which-one.55419/

Back